From Infuse to S2?

mfratella

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
As I mentioned in another thread, I had my Infuse stolen and my first instinct was to get the S2 on Amazon (AT&T won't budge on reducing their prices, so I'm stuck on Amazon, but have $300 in gift cards, so that cushions the blow a bit).

Now that I think about it a little more, I was extremely happy with my Infuse. It would save me about $100 to get the Infuse instead of the S2. What do you all think? Just get the Infuse again, or shell out the extra $100 and get the S2?

peanutgs2

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I had this delimma when I went to the AT&T store Sunday afternoon. They were sold out of the GS2 so i was playing with the demo GS2 and Infuse. Coming from a Blackberry Bold I couldnt tell much of a difference except the Infuse is larger and both are unbeleivable compared to my Bold. Being new to Android i couldnt tell the difference between Froyo and Gingerbread and if I with the Infuse I could save $100... and I could get the Infuse RIGHT NOW!!! I restrained myself and decided to wait to see what happens at 1pm eastern today then plan to go to AT&T this afternoon to pick up the GS2.

Last edited:

ObiGeorge

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I came from the Infuse to the ATTSGII. Infuse was nice (I still have it) but the S2 is just in another league, in my opinion. Best device I have ever used, and I buy A LOT of devices.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I, too, came from the Infuse to the SG2. I loved the big screen on the Infuse but I find the SG2 to be every bit as satisfying and I love the speed increase. I am still investigating, but I think the battery life is better on the SG2, but that determination will take time.
I'd say go with the SG2 if money permits. You would be stepping into the current generation of device with a higher likely hood of updates and support for a longer time. I would bet the Infuse gets end-of-life'd within the next three months...
Both great phones, but now is your chance to remain current for the next several months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith