I use a GMail email account and I noticed by phone has GMail app and a "Email" App which looks like a Envelope with a blue @ sign on it.

Somehow I configured both of them to retrieve my GMail. So I can't imagine thats good for battery life having 2 Apps pushing for the same EMail.

Which app do you think is better? I would imagine the GMail one since I use GMail anyways......

Although the Gmail app doesn't seem to have Push Settings to change the Frequency at which is pushes where as the Email app does.

Also I can't seem to find how to remove my account settings for the straight "Email" app anywhere even when I look in account settings and view my account I don't see where to remove it.
    10-04-2011 08:30 AM
    Ok, you've got two separate issues here and I'll address them both to the best of my (limited) knowledge. **disclaimer, I don't actually have the GSII yet, this is strictly based on my experience with Android**

1) Yes, go with the native Gmail app. It's better optimized to handle all the features Gmail offers such as archiving, priority inboxes, starring messages, and labels, labels, labels. Regarding its push settings, don't worry about it. The native Gmail app is push by default and shouldn't be taking any sort of toll on your battery. So long as your phone has an active connection with Google's servers, those servers will notify your phone when there is new mail. Kind of like when your network notifies you that you have a new text message. This is more efficient than your phone intermittently asking if there's anything new to report.

2) I believe you should be able to remove that email account by going to homescreen and hitting your menu button followed by "settings" ---> "accounts" ---> then find the email account you created, click on it, and there should be an option to "remove account" at the bottom.

Hope that helps.
    10-04-2011 10:57 AM
    That wasn't it but I figured it out ty
    10-04-2011 06:30 PM
    What was the solution?

-Funk
    10-04-2011 07:13 PM
    Whatever you named the account like on the upper left you hit that and there is a menu option to remove account.
    10-04-2011 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD