When I turn on the GS2 when the lockscreen timeout has not yet expired, I get a purple AT&T wallpaper that shows the time and date. I have to swipe this screen in order to access the normal home screens. Is there a way to get rid of this AT&T screen?
    10-04-2011 03:55 PM
    When I turn on the GS2 when the lockscreen timeout has not yet expired, I get a purple AT&T wallpaper that shows the time and date. I have to swipe this screen in order to access the normal home screens. Is there a way to get rid of this AT&T screen?
    Settings > Display > Screen Display > Lock Screen > Wallpaper

Is that what you're looking to change?
    10-04-2011 04:01 PM
    No he means the AT&T animation when you turn on the phone.

My best bet is that you need to root the phone... or put bootanimation.zip of your choice into data/boot or something...
    10-04-2011 04:14 PM
    No he means the AT&T animation when you turn on the phone.

My best bet is that you need to root the phone... or put bootanimation.zip of your choice into data/boot or something...
    Yup..its annoying having to swipe away the ATT screen when I turn on the phone. I don''t understand what the purpose of this screen is? Why can't the phone just go to the home screen at power up???? Am I the only one annoyed by this?
    10-04-2011 04:53 PM
    Yup..its annoying having to swipe away the ATT screen when I turn on the phone. I don''t understand what the purpose of this screen is? Why can't the phone just go to the home screen at power up???? Am I the only one annoyed by this?
    Ah you mean the lockscreen.
    10-04-2011 05:20 PM
    Try the app "no lock" in the market.
    ajm91484 likes this.
    10-04-2011 05:29 PM
    All touchscreen phones have some sort of screen lock that you have to swipe. It's so you don't hit the wake button while your phone is in your pocket and buttdial half your contact list or jack up the apps and widgets on your homescreens. It's also a potential battery saving mechanism.

Out of curiosity, what kind of phone did you have before this?
    10-04-2011 05:38 PM
    I had an iphone 3gs.

Let me clarify:

I dont mind the lockscreen that requires me to enter a pattern or passcode to access the phone. I have this option set to lock the device after 2 mins. What bugs me is if I try to use my phone before the 2 mins have elapsed. I should be able to just press the power button and be taken instantly to my homescreen. Instead, I have to swipe at a useless purple ATT screen.
    10-05-2011 09:40 AM
    I had an iphone 3gs.

Let me clarify:

I dont mind the lockscreen that requires me to enter a pattern or passcode to access the phone. I have this option set to lock the device after 2 mins. What bugs me is if I try to use my phone before the 2 mins have elapsed. I should be able to just press the power button and be taken instantly to my homescreen. Instead, I have to swipe at a useless purple ATT screen.
    Well you could always change the screen timeout to match what you have the lockscreen set at, that might fix your problem.
    10-05-2011 09:48 AM
    I had an iphone 3gs.

Let me clarify:

I didn't think you could set a lockscreen timeout in TouchWiz. You can set a time where the screen will turn off if not being used, but as soon as you hit the wake button again you'll get your lockscreen. If there is a timeout setting for the lockscreen I haven't found let me know where it is.
    10-05-2011 11:26 AM
    Hello All, did anybody find a solution to this yet?
    10-08-2011 12:35 PM
    I havn't tried it, but I've heard you can disable it if you use WidgetLocker - it's not free though $2.

Personally, I use Unlock With WiFi FREE - what this app does is keep your phone unlocked when you are connected to your wifi. I can simply turn on and off the screen with the side power button without having to swipe anything away, as long as I'm at home - very convenient and super easy to setup.
    Thomasdoc likes this.
    10-08-2011 01:01 PM
    Thanks! Is wifi free now for free or not? In the reviews someone said the important features are only with the paid version?
    10-08-2011 03:41 PM
    Hello All, did anybody find a solution to this yet?
    Is it really that irritating? I don't even pay attention to startup screws...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk.
    10-09-2011 01:37 PM
    Is it really that irritating? I don't even pay attention to startup screws...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk.
    I 2nd the OP. It is irritating big time. Major hassle that made me go "WTF?!"...the Bold 9700 that I had before is much more friendly in this regard.
    Although I can understand the concept of locking to prevent buttdialing.
    10-13-2011 10:16 PM
    Not sure how unlocking a touch screen is irritating, but I guess if your impatient that 1 second and .2 calories burned by flicking your thumb is a bit much to ask.
    10-13-2011 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD