Galaxy S2 speedtest.net speeds slow

catcher2468

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

Managed to get the S2 on day one from best buy.

"Note: I returned the Sprint Epic Touch I just got because of slow speeds / bad 4g connections and what a mistake that was as it was about 10M download and 1.5M upload when I could get a rare connection."

With H+ connected on the S2 and using speedtest.net app my download speeds are at best 2.5M and upload at best are 1M. The phone averages 1.5M download and 800K up load.

My AT&T Iphone 4 I just got rid of averaged about 2.5M download and 400K upload.

The question is this seems slow from reading several other forums so is this a problem or what I should be expecting.

I live in California near San Francisco in the East Bay.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got 2,373kbps up, and 1104kbps down in Northwest Indiana. Pretty good, but not as good as the Infuse was. The difference? The Infuse has gotten a radio update (or two) that helped it's performance. It's possible that the same thing will happen with the SGSII.

EDIT: Just got 3690kbps down, and 1077kbps up. I think that illustrates that network performance is very inconsistent. At least in my area. I haven't done a ton of tests like I did with the Infuse, though.

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten very good speeds either. But it seems like its running pretty fast, so I guess I'm okay. But I naturally care about bigger numbers, so step it up AT&T! :)

Edit: But then again I haven't been able to test it for a couple of days because it keeps saying network issues.

jhnstn00

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the NW burbs of Chicago and get 6.5 down and 1.2 up.

So AT&T isn't making samsung put on bad radio's that limit the upload speed anymore like on the samsung captivate?

of course mine is rooted with a different modem that has hsupa.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
How strange, I have the int'l unlocked GSII and I get great download speeds on at&t.
2087fdfc-dbb2-a5b2.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
So AT&T isn't making samsung put on bad radio's that limit the upload speed anymore like on the samsung captivate?

of course mine is rooted with a different modem that has hsupa.

No reports of that so far. I can say I'm happy with my speeds compared to the Infuse and Inspire.

How strange, I have the int'l unlocked GSII and I get great download speeds on at&t. Click to view quoted image

Sent from my GT-I9100

I've gotten speeds like that on my AT&T SGSII. It's going to be dependent on a lot of things, including location and signal strength. And any number of other factors.

exarkun

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I tried out the sgs2 in the **** rapids store AT&T store (suburb of Minneapolis) On HSDPA I got 400K down, 100K up...

What is up with AT&T here?

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried out the sgs2 in the **** rapids store AT&T store (suburb of Minneapolis) On HSDPA I got 400K down, 100K up...

What is up with AT&T here?

Well the word "****" is in the name of the city, that should be your starting point. lol

duncanator

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue as you are here in Sacramento. My S II has a slower speed that my co-worker's iPhone 4 when they are next to each other. The best I could achieve here is 3.2 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up. His iPhone 4 was getting over 4 Mbps down and hitting the same server with the test.

I've also taken the test in other parts of the city and get the same results on my Galaxy S II everywhere I go. It sure doesn't compare to my friend's Bionic running on Verizon's LTE network, but as long as I get reliable 3G, I'm ok with that.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
i think there is something up with the app or something, i started running it though the web at different sites and it showed much more speed.. i also ran it on my wifi to make sure it gave the same speed i get on my laptop from then

293443_10150417293104388_750869387_10383826_1772157317_n.jpg

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Wao where are you located? I have never gotten speeds like this on my int'l galaxy s2. That is over 14Mbps down I see. The most I have gotten is almost 8Mbps down.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Man I just switched from Sprint and was getting below dial up speeds most of the time. Lucky to hit 100-300k at best.
I did a speed test on my new ATT phones and almost shat my trow when I was seeing 2.5-3mb speeds in surprise. Im happy with that as I was getting that on Sprint 4G when I could get it, but now it seems like some are getting even higher. Sounds like ATT deff stepped up the game

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Wao where are you located? I have never gotten speeds like this on my int'l galaxy s2. That is over 14Mbps down I see. The most I have gotten is almost 8Mbps down.

I am in Dallas using the server in Atlanta. On average I see about 8/1. In the off peak hours it will scream at 14/1 as noted in the pic.