Super fragile digitizer

BuddhaMunx

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Wound up breaking the digitizer on my GSII, the screen itself is perfectly fine, but when I sat my bookbag on the pocket my phone was in I am assuming it cracked the digitizer, so I wanted to post this just to put a heads up, but also to ask a couple questions. I just signed up for insurance but am hesitant to file a claim right now, so was curious if anyone has filed a claim right after signing up, I wanted insurance anyways, but put it off and now I feel like I am paying for my procrastination. Another thing, would you think that the issue I have could be with the build quality, or if the phone I got was faulty. It seems odd that the digitizer was the only thing to have cracked, and not the outside screen itself. I feel stupid for already having broke my brand new phone two days in, but I just want to know my options.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's not the build quality or a defective phone. The outside glass can take more abuse then the digitizer. Including flex.

You'll be paying a deductible for the insurance claim. Not sure how much that is these days.

Sent from my SGS II

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Wound up breaking the digitizer on my GSII, the screen itself is perfectly fine, but when I sat my bookbag on the pocket my phone was in I am assuming it cracked the digitizer, so I wanted to post this just to put a heads up, but also to ask a couple questions. I just signed up for insurance but am hesitant to file a claim right now, so was curious if anyone has filed a claim right after signing up, I wanted insurance anyways, but put it off and now I feel like I am paying for my procrastination. Another thing, would you think that the issue I have could be with the build quality, or if the phone I got was faulty. It seems odd that the digitizer was the only thing to have cracked, and not the outside screen itself. I feel stupid for already having broke my brand new phone two days in, but I just want to know my options.

Sorry to hear about a broken "anything" on a brand new phone... : ( Forgive my ignorance, but what is the "digitizer" and how do you know when its broken and is there any special care to insure i don't break mine?

thanx, and again :'( on broke phone...

BTC

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The digitizer is the part that recognizes when you touch the screen. Usually it'll look like broken glass. So the odds of saying "it just stopped working" are very slim to none.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The digitizer is the part that recognizes when you touch the screen. Usually it'll look like broken glass. So the odds of saying "it just stopped working" are very slim to none.

Well I don't think I'd divulge the fact he put a 20lb sack on top of it. Either way he's better off just claiming he doesn't know what happened to it.

BuddhaMunx

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and called the store and will be going tomm after work to see what they say, I am ready to pay the $199 deductible, but am going to try anything to not have to pay that. It just seemed odd that it broke so easily (I can't say I heard it break) but that's the only thing I did that would even remotely have put enough pressure on the screen to snap the digitizer. I just wanted to put this out there, just in case, it was a lesser quality part that Samsung used for this model. I don't blame Samsung, I understand I did the damage, just seems like a cheap part, my iPhone withstood way worse, as well as the Atrix I test drove for a month. Hope I do wind up getting a replacement, so I get a second chance to baby it even more than I already had been.

deV14nt

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you should get yourself a rugged case for it. Save yourself some money in the long run. Looks like Ballistics SG is available. Or you could wait and hope Otterbox makes one, or should be simple enough to modify the one for the international version. I wouldn't put things on top of a $550 device unless it was encased in steel or something. Not sure where to get steel....

BuddhaMunx

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you should get yourself a rugged case for it. Save yourself some money in the long run. Looks like Ballistics SG is available. Or you could wait and hope Otterbox makes one, or should be simple enough to modify the one for the international version. I wouldn't put things on top of a $550 device unless it was encased in steel or something. Not sure where to get steel....

I agree lol, thats what I was thinking

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2