Issues with email client!

lindsey202004

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I registed my yahoo account on the email client on my samsung galaxy s2 from at&t and it seems very buggy. I was wondering if anyone is having issues with it as well? Mine keeps notifying me of new messages when there isn't any. Sometimes it will say like 63 unread messages, 49 unread messages, and so on. I do not have that many messages in my email. Also the format of a single email is messed up too. The single email is not threaded. It will not show the previous messages from a person that you have replied to. I don't know if this is a phone issue or something to do with yahoo. I am using the stock email client and registered my yahoo account, not the yahoo email app from the android market. If anyone has any incite to this problem that would be great!

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Best thing would b to use the android market version of your email app, such as yahoo or gmail b/c the social hub email app is buggy by default and it also consumes battery faster (I have noticed this on my int'l factory unlocked GSII)

Sent from my GT-I9100

TBayTom

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Better yet, try the app in the marketplace called "Maildroid," haven't looked back at the stock email app since I tried this one. I used this on my Captivate, worked perfectly with no problems. Seems to work just as great on the Galaxy S II.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Since ya all are talking email, can someone help me, I have a Atrix and am Moving to the SGS-2. My primary email is RoadRunner, Secondary is GMail. I have E-Mail,text, SMS and other messaging, How do I move it all to the SGS-2?

Its too bad there isnt a app like the Blackberry Desk Top Manager that takes care of this all for you and is easy to use. Hope someone can help me out

Thank you in advance!

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Better yet, try the app in the marketplace called "Maildroid," haven't looked back at the stock email app since I tried this one. I used this on my Captivate, worked perfectly with no problems. Seems to work just as great on the Galaxy S II.

I downloaded maildroid, but it gives me error trying to set up my gmail acct. Any idea why thia is?

Sent from my GT-I9100

TBayTom

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded maildroid, but it gives me error trying to set up my gmail acct. Any idea why thia is?

Sent from my GT-I9100

Not sure, my gmail and yahoo account worked on the first setup. Try auto setup when possible if you aren't doing that already.

antelope83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
(bump)
Any more comments on good alternatives to the stock email app? I have two POP3 accounts that are the main ones I need to keep track of. Any more Maildroid recommendations? I saw another program recommended that was essentially a souped-up version of the stock app but now I can't find that link anymore (it was somewhere on this site).

ALSO - ONGOING PROBLEM: The stock email program keeps dumping the email that it loads into the phone. Is this standard practice for android phones? My iPhone4 seemed to maintain the emails in the system, not go look for them all the time. Is this the result of the stock app or something else? I think I've gone through all the settings.

One side effect is after I've deleted a message it goes to the server again and re-downloads it (since I have Outlook on my main computer set up to delete the message a few days after it comes in).

Fr3lncr#AC

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
(bump)
ALSO - ONGOING PROBLEM: The stock email program keeps dumping the email that it loads into the phone. Is this standard practice for android phones? My iPhone4 seemed to maintain the emails in the system, not go look for them all the time. Is this the result of the stock app or something else? I think I've gone through all the settings.

Not sure if this is the cause of the problem but with the stock app, emails will be deleted when they are removed from the server. So, if you read them on your computer (and it is set up that it removes them from the server), then the emails will be pulled from the phone.

Not a feature that I like coming from Blackberry.

K9 gives you the option to keep emails on the phone even if they are removed from the server (which is a plus), but I had other issues recently with K9 (weird screw up where it creates multiple drafts of a single email I'm trying to send and then sent them all) so I've gone back to the stock app... though I might give K9 another try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2