Power save mode, doesn't turn off when unit is charged up?

riekls

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So I like power save as it squeezes more time out of the battery. But when I charge the phone back up, all of the power save settings are still on, super annoying to have my phone turning off after 5 seconds when its fully charged :) Why does this happen? Anyone have a fix for it?

lilo777

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
As I understand, when power save mode is enabled (by user) the phone displays the icon in the status (notification) bar and a message in the notification list. It does not mean that the mode is actually activated. I believe when the battery charge drops below the threshold level, the phone activates the mode and changes the icon color. I believe I saw this behavior bu i did not try to double check it.

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The notification message says "Power saving mode enabled" when my battery is at 100% or even at 76%.. I set it to enable power saving mode at 50%..

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
that just means it is watching, not taking action. Set you phone to vibrate on all actions and you'll get the vibrate icon in the banner as well.

boscosblues

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
My 10.1 does the same thing... Fully charged set for 10% and 30 min. It times out after about 5 min. Tops... Very frustrating... I have the US Cellular model and am about to give it back to them... There is no way I have found to turn off power saver mode:mad:

psufan32

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The icon simply means that you have selected to have PSM turn on when your phone hits X% of battery power left. The icon is always showing, that's just how it is.

One annoying thing that I've noticed is that I typically set my screen brightness to Auto, however, on days when I drop below 30% power and PSM enables, it turns brightness down, turning off Auto brightness (which I've set PSM to do), but when I charge my phone back up, I have to manually enable Auto brightness again.

Tom Young2

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Mine did this, and I had to manually go into the display settings and set them back. I don't know why it doesn't automatically go back to standard settings when recharged, but it worked to do it manually!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad