AP Mobile constantly using data!!

Deenybird

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been monitoring the app through a data manager in the market.
People seem to be correct in that AP Mobile is chewing through major data.... The app ate through 12mb on wifi over night, and 2mb in the 1hr I was away from wifi on 3g. I also used Maps, and Waze while I was on 3g and they only used .6mb and .5mb respectively.

This problem needs to be fixed ASAP, I feel bad for those with limited data plans as this will become a major issue.

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the My Data Manager Ap just so I could see. Its been running for 24 hours with no mention of AP mobile using data

KeiranSolaris

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the same experience as ricktat.
Been running My Data Manager on two GS2s and neither of them has any mention of AP mobile.
We never opened the app or used the widgets, if they were on the desktop when we got them then it was one of those many things that I quickly removed and buried in a bloatware folder.

SkyG

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I had used it and noticed it was eating through data faster than Snooki at a frat party. For an unrelated reason I did a factory reset and imagine my surprise, it isn't using any data anymore, in fact it's not even running.

jemcmichael

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Actually it's under privacy. I just backed up everything and performed a factory reset. I'll report back on my results. I was over 80 mb from the AP mobile widget since October 6 and I'm on wifi most of the time.

jemcmichael

May 13, 2011
Visit site
After an hour of performing a factory reset, AP Mobile is nowhere to be seen in my data usage! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Needing to do a factory reset to fix a problem like this is unacceptable IMHO. I added the widget one time (to confirm what you guys are talking about) and then took it off. It continues to use data. ~100mb since the 12th.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
that is not a fix but a workaround...

If it fixes the problem than it's a fix. :p The method posted earlier in this thread is a workaround, because it doesn't cause you to lose any data.

I'm curious is the same widget does the same thing on the Sprint and T-Mobile version.

Mikegrann

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious is the same widget does the same thing on the Sprint and T-Mobile version.

The first thing I did when I noticed AP Mobile draining my data was look around online. I'm not sure about the Sprint or T-Mobile versions, but I saw a number of people from the UK and Australia complain about this same problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams