AP Mobile constantly using data!!

kcnwa

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Ugh... I never had the widget, but then opened it to set it to 3 hours... only to read if you never opened the widget, it wouldn't be an issue! GAH!

78Staff

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have unlimited data, but stuff like this just bothers me, so I did the backup/reset routine, and so far no AP Mobile data transfers since.

But, I wonked up my exchange AS in the process, so bummed about that, still trying to figure it out...

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
so what's the fix? factory reset? how do you back up? I'm kind of worried abut my data usage.. some how I consumed 200 mb within 4 days...

78Staff

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
so what's the fix? factory reset? how do you back up? I'm kind of worried abut my data usage.. some how I consumed 200 mb within 4 days...

Not so much a fix, but a workaround, as mentioned earlier in the thread:

1. Get MyBackup app from Android Market (or use your preferred backup app).
2. Backup Apps and Data to sdcard.
3. Do a "Factory Reset" - Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset, accept all the warnings, etc.

This will of course reset your phone as it came out of the box, so all your apps, settings, contacts, syncs, custom screens, etc will be gone. Be sure you have it all backed up...

4. DO NOT add the AP Mobile widget back to a home screen... I don't think there is an actual AP Mobile app icon, at least there is not on my phone. It's only a widget.

5. Restore your apps and data, I just installed the My Backup app again from Android Market, since it does not backup itself, apparently.

Or just root and delete that sucker...that's what I will do eventually - just waiting on the various root methods/roms to settle out...

78Staff

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have unlimited data, but stuff like this just bothers me, so I did the backup/reset routine, and so far no AP Mobile data transfers since.

But, I wonked up my exchange AS in the process, so bummed about that, still trying to figure it out...

Been a day and not data usage...

Kiel

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually had the widget on my screen with a 3 hour refresh interval, and data usage was surprisingly low. I killed the widget last night before bed, and woke up to 915MB of data transferred to AP Mobile over my wifi overnight.

Looks like rooting will be happening this weekend.

mikebutler83

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad that it wasn't just an isolated issue because now more and more people are experiencing this issue. I really miss the phone but I only have 2GB of data so i couldnt risk it with this issue. I escolated it to ATT who said that it is a Samsung issue, but I'm sure it's a carrier issue though.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
No it is not a carrier issue. If the app is configured not to pull data it should not. Notice this version of AP is not in the market... AP/Samsung issue.

If this causes any overages on the smaller data plans, call 611 for a credit.

Curado

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So when will someone own up to it and fix thisstupid thing. Seems like a law suite could be had. installing an app on your phone that uses a ton of data that you can't stop or delete is complete BS