Why is my phone so hot??? I have it in my pocket and its about to burn a hole lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 10:44 AM
    Something is cranking the processor. It could be signal related, or it could be an app or task running in the background. We'd have to know a bit about what apps you may have installed and have running in order to rule that one out. Some GSII owners since the International version was released have reported their phones getting extremely hot. If you can't isolate the problem I'd take it back and exchange it for another one.
    MrszBerry likes this.
    10-05-2011 11:18 AM
    I have the int'l version and my GSII gets hot only when I play games in excess of 25 minutes. Games such as Need for Speed Shift and Raging Thunder2 get my GSII very hot

Sent from my GT-I9100
    10-05-2011 11:26 AM
    I have mine in a horizontal case with minimal openings and mine gets hot as well. Mine is the SGH-I777.
    I suspect mine is getting hot because I was using dxTop, a launcher replacement (that I really like BTW); so I turned off my alternate launcher and I will see how it acts.
    My Infuse did the same thing, and I griped about it being hot and having poor battery life as well, AND... I was using dxTop on that as well. So... dxTop? We'll see...
    10-05-2011 11:33 AM