Can you put the 1800mah Samsung Galaxy S II battery for sprint (i9100) in an AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII?

The mah are higher, and I see pages on ebay that says you can. I just don't trust ebay as a great source:

AT&T Samsung Attain Galaxy S II 2 SGH-i777 X3 1800mah Battery + Charger For NEW | eBay

4IN1 1910mAh Battery Accessory Bundles for Samsung Galaxy S II 2 i777 Cell Phone | eBay
    10-05-2011 10:27 PM
    Someones gotta be the Guinea pig. lol
    Simba501 likes this.
    10-05-2011 10:30 PM
    I want to say I saw a review somewhere that said it would NOT fit. They have different dimensions.
    10-06-2011 05:11 AM
    Someones gotta be the Guinea pig. lol
    i ordered these a week ago with shipping date est 10-11-10/24 so i shall let you know. Honestly this phone is soooo good at handling battery life, i never run out before day is over, unlike EVO 4G or Vibrant, so when they get here, they get here, if they work, they work...lol

I also read somewhere they wouldn't fit, but for 14 bucks i wasn't too worried, plus if AT&T does EVER enable our NFC i am certain these won't work.... But i will let y'all know al soon as they come in.

I'm liking AT&T's version of this phone better in every single way than Sprints version, but one nice thing about the Epic Touch was that my old Vibrants batteries worked in it. But AT&T's version is better than Sprints in every way from form factor (feels like it was made for MY hand...lol) signal strength the data coverage....

I did like the bigger screen on Sprints, but holding it wasn't nearly as comfortable, felt more likely to drop that one than this one, and i never put cases on my phones... Commando allll the way...lol

BTC
    10-06-2011 06:23 AM
    Yes I ordered 2 Hyperion 1800mah batteries from Amazon. It fits and works fine, but when you try to use the USB cable to communicate to a PC (laptop in my case) it locked up my GS2 and flashed a weird looking battery icon on screen. I'm guessing that the battery did not like the power it was getting from my laptop because it went into charging mode when plugged in via USB.
    10-06-2011 03:54 PM
    Yes I ordered 2 Hyperion 1800mah batteries from Amazon. It fits and works fine, but when you try to use the USB cable to communicate to a PC (laptop in my case) it locked up my GS2 and flashed a weird looking battery icon on screen. I'm guessing that the battery did not like the power it was getting from my laptop because it went into charging mode when plugged in via USB.
    They probably gave you an inferior USB cable... Charging only or something... Have you tried the Samsung cable with them?
    On my old EVO, I had one of those aftermarket (Hong Kong) batteries with a charger that had a USB port in it. When I plugged my phone into the charger's USB port, the phone would lock up every time...
    10-06-2011 04:24 PM
    They probably gave you an inferior USB cable... Charging only or something... Have you tried the Samsung cable with them?
    On my old EVO, I had one of those aftermarket (Hong Kong) batteries with a charger that had a USB port in it. When I plugged my phone into the charger's USB port, the phone would lock up every time...
    I only have the stock Samsung USB cable. Pretty sure the battery is looking for more juice than my laptop's USB port is putting out. Yes, the charger does have a USB port in it. Going to return them...
    10-06-2011 06:22 PM
    Some guy from a website called moretalktime.com had made a battery thats 3500mah. The only issue is that the batter will require changing the back to one of their custom backs and using their cases only
    10-07-2011 10:58 AM
    What you experienced is a boot loop. The Hyperion batteries are not fully compatible with out AT&T phones. If you try to charge them in the phone, it wont work. Most of the after market batteries do this. Your lucky if you find one that wont.
    Dr Triffid likes this.
    11-17-2011 07:54 AM
    To the OP, they're different sized phones and different sized batteries.
    11-17-2011 01:33 PM
    I just ordered a 2500 ma battery for the i9100 coming from Hong Kong. Will let ya know if it fits. Only 6 dollars
    11-19-2011 08:07 AM
    It WONT fit, I saw in one of the videos I watched while researching the i777. A guy had an AT&T and Sprint phone, he took out the batteries and showed the size difference and how the Sprint battery is a bit bigger.

But I guess youll find out soon enough...
    11-19-2011 12:34 PM
    I have a samsung galaxy s2 - sgh-i777 from att. My boss has an international gt-i9100 samsung galaxy s2, he uses ATT as well. He dropped his phone in water. After a week of letting it dry it would boot to a weird battery loading screen. I suggested we try my battery in his phone. We tried it and the battery DID fit. The phone however kept rebooting every 2 minutes. Not sure if it was because the phone was wet or because the different battery. If I put the gt-i9100 battery in my sgi-777 my phone boots up fine and does not reboot from it. I put my original battery back into my phone and it boots with no issue after having it in the i9100 s2. I called Samsung 800-757-0280 and they stated that they could not pull up the compatibility on the international gt-i9100 version.

The model number and text of the battery from the sgh-i777 is:
    On the front/English Side-
    Samsung
    Near Field Communication
    EB-L1A2GBA 1650mAh
    S/N: NA1B906DS/4-B
    On the back-
    Made in Korea/ Fabrique En Coree
    GB/TI8287-2000
    3.7 V Lion Battery 6.11 Wh

The model number and text of the battery from the gt-i9100 is:
    On the front/English Side-
    Samsung
    EB-F1A2GBU 1650 mAh
    S/N: AA1b731CS/5-B
    On the back-
    Made in Korea/ Finished in China /Fabrique En Coree
    GB/TI8287-2000
    3.7 V Lion Battery 6.11 Wh

On the top of the batteries, to the right of the where the contacts are, is a little strip.
    On the sgh-i777 battery it is white
    On the i9100 battery it is black.
    This could be a water damage indicator, not sure though.

Hope this post helps.
    02-01-2012 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD