Is this a good deal for the S2?

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I think I'll probably keep my Infuse because I like the larger screen but, I'm going to give the S2 another look at Costco tomorrow. They have it for $149. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that a good price ?

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, that didn't take long. Costco's site is showing out of stock now. 2 days and they're out of stock? Amazing. It was online only. You'd think they would have planned better or, maybe they only provided a limited number of phones at $149 and that was the upgrade and new contract price.

Since it seems to be a great price, I wonder if they're anticipating the arrival of another competitive phone. If so, I know it's not the iPhone 4S, but I wonder what it could be.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The next big phone is the Nexus Prime. I might get it off-contract. Depends on specs, but it will have Ice Cream Sandwich. Might get it just for playing with all the ROM's there will be and use my SGSII for a safe backup.

Curado

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Got mine on tuesday from amazon.com with free shipping and no tax, out the door for 149.99 plus a 18 activation fee on my next bill.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The next big phone is the Nexus Prime. I might get it off-contract. Depends on specs, but it will have Ice Cream Sandwich. Might get it just for playing with all the ROM's there will be and use my SGSII for a safe backup.

Yeah, after I posted, I read the Prime is rumored to be coming out around Oct 12. I don't much care for the 5 megapixel camera and 720 recording, if those specs are true. I also read that, while the phone is 4.6", there aren't any capacitive buttons on it; they're on the screen. So, the screen, in terms of usable real estate, would actually be less than 4.6" and closer to 4.3". That knocks it out of the competition, for me anyway. I may just stick with my Infuse. The 4.5" display makes navigation in the car a real pleasure. I'd still like to fully test out the S2. If Costco gets it after my 90 days is up in 3 weeks and I end up loving it, I'll drop my Infuse on Ebay.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Got mine on tuesday from amazon.com with free shipping and no tax, out the door for 149.99 plus a 18 activation fee on my next bill.

Great price! No tax or shipping! That's awesome!:) The only reason I buy from Costco is their liberal return policy, so I'm always keeping an eye on their prices. Did you get it yet? Did it wow you? :)

Curado

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Great price! No tax or shipping! That's awesome!:) The only reason I buy from Costco is their liberal return policy, so I'm always keeping an eye on their prices. Did you get it yet? Did it wow you? :)

got it on tuesday, ordered it on sunday. it WOWed my pants off.

I work at Costco. I asked everyday about the phone and none of the cell guys ever had any clue about the phone. Glad we changed our liberal policy on electronics though. We still get 11 year old TV's (bought prior to policy change) and mattresses returned for full refund. Absurd!

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
got it on tuesday, ordered it on sunday. it WOWed my pants off.

I work at Costco. I asked everyday about the phone and none of the cell guys ever had any clue about the phone. Glad we changed our liberal policy on electronics though. We still get 11 year old TV's (bought prior to policy change) and mattresses returned for full refund. Absurd!

Wowed your pants off? That's a pretty big WOW lol! You know, those people who return stuff like that make me sick. They abuse a wonderful policy which will probably cause Costco to change it, so the rest of us reasonable people will end up being punished. I hate returning things because it simply takes too much of my time. I try to shop carefully so I don't end up with something I don't like. In all my years of shopping at Costco, I've returned one item and that's because it broke about 3 weeks after I bought it. Costco should place a limit on returns. 11 year old tv?! Mattresses?! That's just gross.

Curado

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Wowed your pants off? That's a pretty big WOW lol! You know, those people who return stuff like that make me sick. They abuse a wonderful policy which will probably cause Costco to change it, so the rest of us reasonable people will end up being punished. I hate returning things because it simply takes too much of my time. I try to shop carefully so I don't end up with something I don't like. In all my years of shopping at Costco, I've returned one item and that's because it broke about 3 weeks after I bought it. Costco should place a limit on returns. 11 year old tv?! Mattresses?! That's just gross.

Ya. Well its my first smartphone so it wasnt hard to do. But it is pretty amazing.

Ya we had to change the policy for electronics to 90 days because of the abuse. We were losing millions over it and our stock holders werent too happy about that. But people would basically buy a tv and return it every 1.5-2 years and get the newer better model. Or people would buy for big events like the super bowl and then return them the next day. We still HAVE to full refund electronics that were purchased before the policy change but in a few years, the morons that think we are a rent-a-center will have been weaved out.

As for other items, ya we get crazy stuff returned. No kidding, I was back in RTV (return to Vendor area of the store) and there was a piss stained yellow mattress with holes all over it bought back in 02, fully refunded. 600 bucks. Under customer comments it said: "did not need anymore". lol. We have way too much grace on returns but, its all part of the entity that is Costco. Gracious returns, Demos, double pack everything and 1.50 hotdog +sodas is what keeps us in business!