10-16-2011 05:31 PM
56 123
tools
    Does the case extend on the front so if you set it down(or dropped it lol) the screen is set back so not to be damaged?? This is a 2 piece case correct(inner rubber/outer shell)..
    Not sure if you can answer this but I hate adding bulk to this phone, I got the Case Mate POP but even though it's not as bulky as other cases it still makes the phone bigger then I like, like the Ultra keeps it small and light.
    Some photos of the front and a side by side photos with the phone out of the case looking from eye level so we can see how much larger the phone will be in the case would be GREATLY appreciated!! Funny but the photo runtohell posted with the case side by side with the phone from above makes the case actually looks smaller then the phone

TYIA
    10-15-2011 07:56 AM
    is it easy to drill your own hole for the noise cancellation mic for this case?
    10-15-2011 11:22 AM
    It added no bulk, and yes the screen is protected if placed face down. It is a two piece case. Also, i feel it provides just as much protection as the casemate POP case, and is so much slimmer and form fitting. I'll try and get some good photos tomorrow with the DSLR. I dont think it will be hard creating your own hole, the plastic is thin enough. and the rubber is.. rubber. I havent done it yet, but i try to always use my headphones when talking to people anyways.
    10-15-2011 05:34 PM
    runtohell how do you like the case? and mtucker does the EX provide protection if you drop the phone on the screen or back?
    It gives a lot of protection on the front. The rubber lip comes well above the screen. There is not as much lip on the back, but you can sit it down on a flat surface and not have the camera lens touch.

is it easy to drill your own hole for the noise cancellation mic for this case?
    Measure twice, cut once! I used a punch. The small hole is the stock hole and the large hole is the one I added.

I put a mini-review together for the EX version on this page. http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-g...ml#post1337048
    10-15-2011 11:51 PM
    mtucker, do you mind to show me what punch do you use?
    10-16-2011 01:42 PM
    mtucker, do you mind to show me what punch do you use?
    It is a small handheld punch that we have at work.... nothing fancy. I think a drill would work just fine, but figured I wouldn't have to worry about the bit wondering around with a punch.
    It looks a lot like this punch.
    10-16-2011 05:31 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD