My battery has improved!! :D

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I was ready to take this phone back yesterday! :D But today the battery is AMAZING! Maybe it is because I rooted or because I removed the Analog clock widget. I dont know what did it. I'm rooted running stock. :p

buirus

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I was ready to take this phone back yesterday! :D But today the battery is AMAZING! Maybe it is because I rooted or because I removed the Analog clock widget. I dont know what did it. I'm rooted running stock. :p

I am way tempted to root my phone now but I am scared! :) I have jailbroken 3 of my previous iphones so rooting cant be too hard right? Did you follow the instructions given in this forum? Did you run into any issues?

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Mines doable when I turn down the screen brightness to about 40%. Have FB,Twitter, and weather widgets and the flame live wall paper.

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am way tempted to root my phone now but I am scared! :) I have jailbroken 3 of my previous iphones so rooting cant be too hard right? Did you follow the instructions given in this forum? Did you run into any issues?

I followed the instructions on XDA. It's pretty easy.

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
i'm seriously impressed with my battery life so far. today i've been off charger for 8-hours so far, and with many widgets updating, average phone calls, internet use, and downloading new apps/tweaking stuff and i'm still at 70%.
my old captivate would've been down around 45% right now.

buirus

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
i'm seriously impressed with my battery life so far. today i've been off charger for 8-hours so far, and with many widgets updating, average phone calls, internet use, and downloading new apps/tweaking stuff and i'm still at 70%.

Did you also root your phone?

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
My Captivate was rooted but I haven't rooted the S2 yet. The only reason I'm considering rooting the S2 is to be able to Wifi Tether but since my Xoom tablet won't accept Adhoc connections, I might not root the S2.

pairenoid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
i cant tell whats up with my battery
100% at 8am going to work

2 hours later i check still 100%
i start to check fb for a min, send like 5 texts, and im down to 97% within 5 minutes

i think the status is wrong because it will stay the same % for hours, than drop real fast

right now im at 12 hours and 30% left and i played alot of games but dont know

kide

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

derande, can you provide more details on your GSII settings? How many email accounts, are they set to Push? What are display settings? Are you in 3G or 4G area? Etc.
I cannot get more than 10 hours out of mine with average usage.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
i cant tell whats up with my battery
100% at 8am going to work

2 hours later i check still 100%
i start to check fb for a min, send like 5 texts, and im down to 97% within 5 minutes

i think the status is wrong because it will stay the same % for hours, than drop real fast

right now im at 12 hours and 30% left and i played alot of games but dont know

That's great battery life if you're gaming.

Sent from my SGS II

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Face it, this phone gets awesome battery life. Can go a whole day without charging. Normally anywhere from 30-40% battery life after 12 hours of use. Good amount of surfing, texting and games. All stock

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I hope mine gets better by Sunday or its being returned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

did you return your phone?

I love everything about the GS2, but I can't stand the battery life. If mine doesn't get any better by next Friday, I'll exchange for an iPhone 4S. I know the 4S can't compare to the GS2, but the battery life sure will be better.

pairenoid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
my battery has been improving as well, i did light gaming n browsing but i am at 40% this morning after taking it off the charge yesterday morning

pairenoid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
no root
i use battery indicator
i turn off wifi unless use
i use apn on/off also

it took a week of charging cycles to get this point, but now battery right now is a beast

i noticed turning a phone on and off might help too

edit:forgot to add. the battery was charged full over night and left in for an extra couple hours because i heard that helps and so it seems it does! i might leave it to charge over night every night

Last edited:

pairenoid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
omg, so i havent used my phone all day but damn im still at 32 % and 1 day 3 hours!

so technically i lasted 2 days on 1 charge playing few minutes of weak graphic intensive games and 3 minutes of gps and maybe 5 minutes of browsing but that is a realistic use of most users imo

the battery OWNS!!

hopefully it will stay this way because it has been real inconsistent for me

myoo2182

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I am unrooted, running stock touchwiz and my battery is definitely acceptable (to me). I went about 14 hours unplugged yesterday with phone calls, texts, gtalk email and web browsing mildly. I was getting notifications all day as well. I wouldnt' call it my normal heavy usage that I do during the week but it was still impressive to me. My Droid bionic can't go 14 hours untouched. I have brightness at 25% and everything is set to Push.

Philter05

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded to the GS2 from an HTC Inspire 4G, was afraid the battery would be worse with the better screen and dual core chip. But, this thing is doing much better than the Inspire! I've actually been able to go all day on a charge. Very pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12