10-25-2011 08:58 PM
83 1234
tools
    Did you buy the case mate directly from their website? If so, how long did it take for you to receive it?
    The confirmation said it would take 6-10 days. I ordered it on Sunday. They shipped it on Monday and I got it today. 3 days from ordering to my mailbox. I was impressed.
    10-12-2011 10:03 PM
    Does the case have a small lip on the front so that it protects the screen when the phone is placed screen side down?
    10-12-2011 11:12 PM
    The confirmation said it would take 6-10 days. I ordered it on Sunday. They shipped it on Monday and I got it today. 3 days from ordering to my mailbox. I was impressed.
    wow that was quick. Thanks man. Ordered mine on tue. hope it gets here soon because i want my phone fully protected
    10-12-2011 11:31 PM
    Check out this UK site, I have confirmed with them that they do ship to the states.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Accessories
    10-13-2011 12:33 AM
    10-13-2011 12:40 AM
    Make sure you guys "like" case-mate's facebook page. They give you a 20% off coupon for doing so
    (I ordered mine the 11th. It started in ATL and used the extra money I saved from the coupon toward express shipping, and it arrived in vegas yesterday, should be at the house today the 13th)
    10-13-2011 03:40 AM
    Make sure you guys "like" case-mate's facebook page. They give you a 20% off coupon for doing so
    (I ordered mine the 11th. It started in ATL and used the extra money I saved from the coupon toward express shipping, and it arrived in vegas yesterday, should be at the house today the 13th)
    Gay Gay Gay. Hate when that happens. Oh well i guess that's what i get for not liking facebook
    10-13-2011 05:22 AM
    I ordered three different "bumper" cases. Two "Generic Cases" are the same type, just different colors (orange / black). The other is the SGP Neo Hybrid EX (yellow). I knew going in that I would probably have to make my own hole for the top microphone since all of the cases were designed for the i9100 version of the GS2.

All three of them together.

The generic cases:
    How much: $10 (shipping included)
    Where: Ebay seller superloverseller, description TPU BUMPER FRAME CASE COVER SKIN FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 S 2 II i9100 USA SELLER
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/TPU-BUMPER-FRAME-CASE-COVER-SKIN-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S2-S-2-II-i9100-USA-SELLER-/220870704009?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item79157455a4Material: TPU.
    Feel: The volume/power buttons are a bit squishy with it on. You dont get the positive feel of a button. The buttons work fine, just not much tactile feedback. The TPU is not super grippy, but not slick.
    Fit: Fit well. Maybe could be a little more tight.
    Appearance: The rubber has small imperfections, but overall fine for a cheap case. The black version is somewhat glossy, but does not have that super glossy cheap look IMO. The orange is by far my favorite of the two cheapies.

SGP Neo Hybrid EX:
    How much: $26.99 (shipping included)
    Where: Ebay seller unitedsgpcorp (they appear to be SGP USA), description SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Case Neo Hybrid EX Series [Reventon Yellow]
    SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Case Neo Hybrid EX Series Reventon Yellow | eBay
    Material: Soft rubber insert with a thin plastic shell
    Feel: The volume/power buttons still have a lot of feel to them. The plastic shell is not as slippery as I thought it might be.
    Fit: Good
    Appearance: You definitely pay for quality here. It has high quality fit and finish.

Generic case(s) pictures (one orange, one black)
    Generic case on the phone

Plenty of lip on the front to keep the screen off flat surfaces when laid down.

The back lip (not pictured) keeps the camera back off flat surfaces when laid down. It has a little more lip than the Hybrid EX

The black version of the generic case showing the battery cover can be removed with the case still on (the Hybrid EX also allows for battery cover removal).

The new microphone hole on the generic case (I used a punch to make the hole). You can also see some of the imperfections in the rubber that I mentioned. The picture exaggerates the imperfections and it looks fine unless you get right up on it.

SGP Neo Hybrid EX pictures
    The two parts together (soft rubber liner and think plastic shell)

On the phone

Plenty of lip on the front to keep the screen off flat surfaces when laid down.

The back lip (not pictured) is just enough to keep the camera off flat surfaces when laid down.

The new microphone hole (used a punch to make the hole).
    jrl022 likes this.
    10-13-2011 08:41 PM
    Nice, thank you for the pics Mtucker, I ordered the Neo Hybrid case from sgp, but i had a hard time deciding between the hybrid ex and the regular hybrid. I figured the two outer plastic pieces look the same, and i could cut the back of the rubber out if it added too much bulk. Hoping i can make the new hole for the second mic look nice and clean.. might have to grab the dremmel.

should have my case tomorrow i'll try and get some pics up of it.

SO NO TO BULK!
    10-13-2011 09:28 PM
    nice review man!! good pics and details.
    10-14-2011 08:17 AM
    Nice, thank you for the pics Mtucker, I ordered the Neo Hybrid case from sgp, but i had a hard time deciding between the hybrid ex and the regular hybrid. I figured the two outer plastic pieces look the same, and i could cut the back of the rubber out if it added too much bulk. Hoping i can make the new hole for the second mic look nice and clean.. might have to grab the dremmel.

should have my case tomorrow i'll try and get some pics up of it.

SO NO TO BULK!
    Great pics thank you.. I wrote SGP inquiring when the Neo Hybrid series will be available for the i777 GS2s and their answer was in around 3 to 4 weeks
    10-17-2011 08:56 PM
    Big fan of TPU here...flexible yet hard enough to protect. Great grip. I bought this one on eBay for only a couple of bucks, and it has a kickstand built in. The back looks a little frosty, but the sides and front are crystal, which doesn't hide the phone.

10-17-2011 09:16 PM
    So i got a question for you guys/ I have some cases that stated will fit the ATT GSII but the package says I9100. Can someone tell me if they bought a TPU clear or smoke case that says its for ATT buys packaged for i9100 and still fits the phone perfectly? it has two holes on top, looks to be for the 3.5 jack and mic. also it has the openings for the usb and a mic at bottom. it looks like this
    10-17-2011 09:24 PM
    So i got a question for you guys/ I have some cases that stated will fit the ATT GSII but the package says I9100. Can someone tell me if they bought a TPU clear or smoke case that says its for ATT buys packaged for i9100 and still fits the phone perfectly? it has two holes on top, looks to be for the 3.5 jack and mic. also it has the openings for the usb and a mic at bottom. it looks like this
    The one I bought is a clear (but kind of frosted) TPU case. It said it was for the i9100 which is the international version. But the AT&T version is almost identical to the international version, so most i9100 cases will fit. The one I posted above fit perfectly, and the covers for the volume buttons and lock/power button are in perfect position. Also, the hole cutouts are exactly where they should be. Very happy with mine, and it only cost $3-4.
    sndplace likes this.
    10-17-2011 09:40 PM
    I wasn't sure since the review said this one was a little thicker. I didn't want to post something that wasn't true. I have the Epic case and fits perfect so i didn't these that i got wouldn't but i wanted to be as sure as i can, Thanks.
    10-17-2011 09:42 PM
    I just got my Casemate "barley there"with brushed Aluminum back. The case is far better than that big bulky pop case that I had. The new case is a bit slippery but, its so thin. I bought the phone because it was so thin and that pop case was just far too big.
    10-18-2011 08:54 AM
    I just got my Casemate "barley there"with brushed Aluminum back. The case is far better than that big bulky pop case that I had. The new case is a bit slippery but, its so thin. I bought the phone because it was so thin and that pop case was just far too big.
    Does it (the aluminum) affect your reception in a negative way?
    10-18-2011 11:40 AM
    So I'm having a real hard time trying to find a case for my needs, i work in a warehouse and i need a real nice otterbox-like case WITH a belt clip!
    10-18-2011 01:49 PM
    So I'm having a real hard time trying to find a case for my needs, i work in a warehouse and i need a real nice otterbox-like case WITH a belt clip!
    Me too (well not working in a warehouse). Seidio has some nice cases earmarked as coming soon (November). I've used them in the past and have been very happy with them.
    10-18-2011 02:08 PM
    I read the posts about reception problems because of the metal back. So, I used Speedtest several times with and without the case on in a real poor reception location and here are my results:

Running speed test with the case on Ping 285-406 MS Download .29-.87 Upload .37-.56
    Running speed test without the case Ping 265-285 MS Download 1.29-1.34 Upload .55-.77

Actually, I'm very surprised!

From the tests I did, I got to say its worse with the case on.
    10-18-2011 02:35 PM
    Me too (well not working in a warehouse). Seidio has some nice cases earmarked as coming soon (November). I've used them in the past and have been very happy with them.
    i have the at&t version and seidio seems to have some right now and some coming soon, which were the ones that were like otterbox-like case?
    10-18-2011 02:43 PM
    I cheaped out and went the *bay route. $3 and wait a couple weeks.

Similar to the amazon TPU.

Really interested in that ballistic case though, pricey, but seems to have awesome protection. Just don't know how tough it is to get in/out of pockets, etc.
    10-18-2011 03:46 PM
    Here's the cheapie case:

TPU hybrid case
    10-18-2011 03:46 PM
    Can any else report Amazon success with a non-international case?
    Link to the one you purchased?
    10-20-2011 09:10 AM
    Im finally back home.
    I picked up the Zenus case in the dark silver.
    form and fit are dead on perfect. carbon fiber look leather back insert is kinda cool.
    plastic is a little slick, but not a deal breaker.
    all cut outs are where they are supposed to be.
    face is flush with the gorilla glass on the front. so no lip for face down on the desk.
    back has the thickness of the case to protect the camera when placed back down on the desk.
    everything seems fine and is what you'd expect from a good, slim case.
    here are some pix from a point and shoot.

10-20-2011 05:58 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD