Cases Available So Far?

pmt1209

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Nice, thank you for the pics Mtucker, I ordered the Neo Hybrid case from sgp, but i had a hard time deciding between the hybrid ex and the regular hybrid. I figured the two outer plastic pieces look the same, and i could cut the back of the rubber out if it added too much bulk. Hoping i can make the new hole for the second mic look nice and clean.. might have to grab the dremmel.

should have my case tomorrow i'll try and get some pics up of it.

SO NO TO BULK!
Great pics thank you.. I wrote SGP inquiring when the Neo Hybrid series will be available for the i777 GS2s and their answer was in around 3 to 4 weeks :(

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Big fan of TPU here...flexible yet hard enough to protect. Great grip. I bought this one on eBay for only a couple of bucks, and it has a kickstand built in. The back looks a little frosty, but the sides and front are crystal, which doesn't hide the phone.

EM01696-1-500x500.jpg

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So i got a question for you guys/ I have some cases that stated will fit the ATT GSII but the package says I9100. Can someone tell me if they bought a TPU clear or smoke case that says its for ATT buys packaged for i9100 and still fits the phone perfectly? it has two holes on top, looks to be for the 3.5 jack and mic. also it has the openings for the usb and a mic at bottom. it looks like this

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So i got a question for you guys/ I have some cases that stated will fit the ATT GSII but the package says I9100. Can someone tell me if they bought a TPU clear or smoke case that says its for ATT buys packaged for i9100 and still fits the phone perfectly? it has two holes on top, looks to be for the 3.5 jack and mic. also it has the openings for the usb and a mic at bottom. it looks like this

The one I bought is a clear (but kind of frosted) TPU case. It said it was for the i9100 which is the international version. But the AT&T version is almost identical to the international version, so most i9100 cases will fit. The one I posted above fit perfectly, and the covers for the volume buttons and lock/power button are in perfect position. Also, the hole cutouts are exactly where they should be. Very happy with mine, and it only cost $3-4.

Reactions: sndplace

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't sure since the review said this one was a little thicker. I didn't want to post something that wasn't true. I have the Epic case and fits perfect so i didn't these that i got wouldn't but i wanted to be as sure as i can, Thanks.

cmallow

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Casemate "barley there"with brushed Aluminum back. The case is far better than that big bulky pop case that I had. The new case is a bit slippery but, its so thin. I bought the phone because it was so thin and that pop case was just far too big.

duncanator

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Casemate "barley there"with brushed Aluminum back. The case is far better than that big bulky pop case that I had. The new case is a bit slippery but, its so thin. I bought the phone because it was so thin and that pop case was just far too big.

Does it (the aluminum) affect your reception in a negative way?

PL4YED

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So I'm having a real hard time trying to find a case for my needs, i work in a warehouse and i need a real nice otterbox-like case WITH a belt clip!

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
So I'm having a real hard time trying to find a case for my needs, i work in a warehouse and i need a real nice otterbox-like case WITH a belt clip!

Me too (well not working in a warehouse). Seidio has some nice cases earmarked as coming soon (November). I've used them in the past and have been very happy with them.

cmallow

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I read the posts about reception problems because of the metal back. So, I used Speedtest several times with and without the case on in a real poor reception location and here are my results:

Running speed test with the case on Ping 285-406 MS Download .29-.87 Upload .37-.56
Running speed test without the case Ping 265-285 MS Download 1.29-1.34 Upload .55-.77

Actually, I'm very surprised!

From the tests I did, I got to say its worse with the case on.

PL4YED

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Me too (well not working in a warehouse). Seidio has some nice cases earmarked as coming soon (November). I've used them in the past and have been very happy with them.

i have the at&t version and seidio seems to have some right now and some coming soon, which were the ones that were like otterbox-like case?

j-bo

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I cheaped out and went the *bay route. $3 and wait a couple weeks.

Similar to the amazon TPU.

Really interested in that ballistic case though, pricey, but seems to have awesome protection. Just don't know how tough it is to get in/out of pockets, etc.

ttlphotography

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Im finally back home.
I picked up the Zenus case in the dark silver.
form and fit are dead on perfect. carbon fiber look leather back insert is kinda cool.
plastic is a little slick, but not a deal breaker.
all cut outs are where they are supposed to be.
face is flush with the gorilla glass on the front. so no lip for face down on the desk.
back has the thickness of the case to protect the camera when placed back down on the desk.
everything seems fine and is what you'd expect from a good, slim case.
here are some pix from a point and shoot.

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2975.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

IMG_2974.jpg

IMG_2972.jpg

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
i returned the Zenus case (couldn't stand the slickness and cheap feel) and just received my Ringke case and could be happier. Tight fit and nice lip on the face to protect it face down.

Thomasdoc

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Could you please post some pics? Does anybody else have reception issues with the case-mate barely there? Did anybody find a leather holster that actually fit and where you don't need pliers to get the GS2 back out? Thanks!

castrot3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I returned my aluminum barely there because it completely blocked out gps. While the case is nice and durable, it was a pain in the ass to have to take the thing off to find my way to somewhere. I found it odd that androidcentral already carries the regular plastic barely there for the att galaxy s2 and case-mate doesn't. Hopefully this is a sign that they're coming out real soon. I kind of want another color other than black.

njr

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the standard AT&T black case with a partial leather back that I think is made by AGF. it fits perfctly and seems very durable. My only complaint is I have to remove the case to yuse the vehicle dock. Are there any "dockable" cases?

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to find a case I like. All increase the bulk of the phone too much for my liking. Nekked is the way to go. :cool: