High Android OS use?

asuprice

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Compared to my atrix the android os use on this phone seems very high. Over 50% sometimes. Anyone else experiencing this or did I just get a bad phone?

Last edited:

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
i got that once. its a bug. all you have to do is reboot. considering how fast this thing reboots, its not a big deal. over time you will see others catch up and pass Android OS and it will be back to normal levels.

buirus

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Compared to my atrix the android os use on this phone seems very high. Over 50% sometimes. Anyone else experiencing this or did I just get a bad phone?

This is a known major issue. Something is preventing the OS from going into sleep mode which keeps the processor on, draining your battery. Do a google search for "Wake Issue android OS".

asuprice

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Mine has been unplugged for 11hrs 27 min.
Android os is taking 48% at 1hr and 9min
Display is 28% at 1he 26 min
Cell standby is 7% time without signal 0%
I have 67% battery left. Still surprised at the os taking this much battery and being on that much.

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
android OS is draining my battery. thought it was a one time thing but happens about every other day now and is only fixed with a reboot. causes my phone to run warm. any ideas? runs at about 50-60%

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
am i really the only one this happens to? it happens all the time now, and i just realized that doubletwist was at about 17% in battery usage and I never even opened it. I uninstalled it and it still is happening. Anyone have any ideas? Bad battery? Something else? This is really hindering my experience with this phone..

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I've read about some of the fixes for this and I have to say, as a newbie to Android, it looks a little complicated. Has anyone tried any of the fixes out there?

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
From my experience...this issue is directly connected with the WIFI connection. Do you keep your wifi connected all of the time?

CubeRoob21

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
New user here...What is the normal % usage for the OS? Im at about 6 hrs and 71% remaining after listening to music for about an hr for my commute, some fb usage, email, heavy texting.

I was noticing my battery draining pretty quickly since i bought the phone, and thats with background apps off and everything else i wasnt using at the time off (wifi,gps,bluetooth, low brightness setting)

Downloaded JuiceDefender and im assuming thats why my battery use has improved.

Jonna09

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
The battery OS usage surely has something to do with Wi-fi. With Wi-fi on, the phone showed nearly 39% OS usage.

I then switched it off and checked it after several hours, it dropped to 23%

dingbat005

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
ok i feel like i am missing something, but is the battery usage something that is found on a native app? or a third party app? if so which one? Just curious...

On another note, use Juice Defender... tried a few days without it and realized it does make a difference... thinking of upgrading to the ultimate but not quite ready to take that plunge :)

78Staff

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
JD is one of the must haves IMO, one of the first items I bought after testing the free version... Well worth a couple bucks, along with Ti Backup, and Root Explorer (although you can get by with ES w/ root enabled too)