I am going to take the plunge and root my phone (for no other reason than I am total nerd). Does anyone know what apps and services are safe to remove/freeze? For example, I dont see any need for the Media Hub, Social Hub, etc apps. My goal is to try and get better overall battery performance and speed. Ultimately, I will update to a custom rom (Cyanogen, Cognition, etc).

Thank you in advance!
    10-08-2011 01:17 PM
    I am going to take the plunge and root my phone (for no other reason than I am total nerd). Does anyone know what apps and services are safe to remove/freeze? For example, I dont see any need for the Media Hub, Social Hub, etc apps. My goal is to try and get better overall battery performance and speed. Ultimately, I will update to a custom rom (Cyanogen, Cognition, etc).

Thank you in advance!
    I found a link (below) to a pretty long list on another forum and used it as a guide.

Removal list
    10-10-2011 03:24 PM
    How did the root go and did you delete media hub and social hub - any bad effects. I am also looking to delete the apps.
    04-11-2012 11:21 AM
    How did the root go and did you delete media hub and social hub - any bad effects. I am also looking to delete the apps.
    Root was a piece of cake. I didn't delete the apps, instead I just froze them with no effects. I should go back and actually delete them.
    04-11-2012 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD