Setting up voicemail on the Galaxy S II

Badgun

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got Galaxy S II a few days ago and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to set up voicemail. Not in the quick start guide, not on AT&T`s web site, and Googling it doesn't give me an answer. Am I missing something here?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

UK_Alum_02

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I think you just need to go to phone then dial your voicemail. It should be a key in the phone keypad. Follow the directions from there.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the "please enter the number specified by your system manager" message. Holding down the 1 key or pushing the voicemail icon takes you to this. Phone number or social security doesn't work so I'm going to call in the morning and post the solution here. Its probably something simple.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
everytime I have tried to use that function it totally texts completely different stuff than the person spoke. Quite unreliable for my tastes.

I just did the long hold on 1 to set mine. Not sure why yours isnt doing the same thing. Maybe someone at the store set something up for you and set a password or something?

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
OK I found the solution. Its because in the phone switch they accidentally deleted the voicemail account. You need to call 18003310500 and they ask you to type in some digits on your phne which makes your IMEI number appear and tell them

Reactions: rundmc40

rundmc40

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you @Broheemster - that solved my problem! (the # he listed is AT&T Customer Care).
I had switched from an iPhone and apparently the vm function simply didn't transfer over. Thanks again!

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you @Broheemster - that solved my problem! (the # he listed is AT&T Customer Care).
I had switched from an iPhone and apparently the vm function simply didn't transfer over. Thanks again!
Yeh you have to call AT&T but then you still don't get the visual voicemail iPhone has, you either have to pay AT&T extra for it, or use Google etc. Personally I used YouMail free and like it better than Google for visual voicemail (text convertor means nothing to me since almost all the time the message comes out garbled jibberish or half ass anyway lol).

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got Galaxy S II a few days ago and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to set up voicemail.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Hold 1 on dialpad . By default your password should be the last 4 digits of your cell phone number .

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeh you have to call AT&T but then you still don't get the visual voicemail iPhone has, you either have to pay AT&T extra for it, or use Google etc. Personally I used YouMail free and like it better than Google for visual voicemail (text convertor means nothing to me since almost all the time the message comes out garbled jibberish or half ass anyway lol).
What extra do you have to pay? As far as I can tell there has never been a charge on my wife's GS2. It works perfectly(except for the aforementioned translations) but the actual voice message's are fine.

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the AT&T version is now free, but they require signing up for the LTE data plan. Even then, there's still a limit on the message length, total number of messages and a 14-day limit on storage. I'm sticking with PhoneFusion's VV+, which is free and is based on the mailbox size. The messages I want to save are there as long as I want them.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
My suggestion is not even to bother with at&t. Just use Google voice. Translations are decent and you can manage your voice mail on your own

nancyk1210

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I cannot setup my voicemail no matter what I do. it's not in the ass to setup guide it's not in the Quick Start it's not on the website it's not anywhere. it says to push the phone button and then it'll take you to the keypad and you push want or dial voicemail and all it does is say you this voicemail has not been set up yet. there is no way that I figured out how to set it up that that is what happens every single time.

jimwall80

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a problem. I'm trying to change voicemail pin number on The galaxy SII. I'm following the prompt on the phone and the recording on the other end ask that i input a new pin. Question: how do I erase the old Pin to enter the new pin? There is no backspace or erase key on the phone interface.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair