10-17-2011 08:11 PM
56 123
tools
    Yeah, I was indeed waiting for the standard one. I'm thinking that case, combined with a Moshi screen protector (whenever AT&T stores get them back in) should do the trick.
    10-11-2011 02:22 PM
    this has me worried! I was going to purchase the case-mate barely there. where did you hear that the aluminum interferes with reception?

I could be wrong but I believe the iPhone is the one with the problems with aluminum cases. Being the antenna is the band and a lot of the aluminum cases were bumpers.

I actually prefer no case.
    10-11-2011 03:11 PM
    Well, I just ordered the Case Mate aluminum case. Used the facebook coupon code (Thanks castrot3), so it was only $32. But I want it faster so I got the upgraded USPS shipping. They're in GA and i'm in NC, so hopefully won't take too long
    I have the Case Mate pop case on it now, hopefully i'll be able to return it once the new one comes in!
    10-11-2011 03:59 PM
    I got confirmation from Case-Mate that the Barely There Aluminum case does not cover the top microphone. I went ahead and ordered it.
    10-11-2011 04:04 PM
    Take lots of pics when you get it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    10-11-2011 07:08 PM
    I got confirmation from Case-Mate that the Barely There Aluminum case does not cover the top microphone. I went ahead and ordered it.
    Yeah, they have one specifically made for us now.
    10-12-2011 02:22 AM
    Well, I just ordered the Case Mate aluminum case. Used the facebook coupon code (Thanks castrot3), so it was only $32. But I want it faster so I got the upgraded USPS shipping. They're in GA and i'm in NC, so hopefully won't take too long
    I have the Case Mate pop case on it now, hopefully i'll be able to return it once the new one comes in!
    No prob. Just got one too yesterday, I did the $6 upgrade for shipping too haha. Mines in ATL.
    10-12-2011 02:23 AM
    So after 1 full day of normal use of my phone with case on, it seems that the plastic slightly "stretched" out. Case wasn't as snug and is comes out much easier. Considering returning and trying out the aluminum case-mate... Which is a shame because this Zenus case is so nice. Got compliments at work all day.
    Wow that sucks I really wanted this case =/

You should email them or something.
    10-12-2011 05:03 AM
    I would say... wait for the US version cuz it is 'that' nice. But that probably won't happen since they sell 1 case for both countries.
    10-12-2011 12:09 PM
    WELL, i just got my casemate barely there aluminum in and..

WOW. The wow factor of it in the box alone is amazing. Putting it on the device, it fits perfectly - and I came from the case mate pop case so my phone feels so crazy thin and small now. It truly is an awesome case and definitely worth the $32 i paid.

BUT it's probably not for everyone. I take insanely good care of my devices, so rarely ever drop it, or have it near water or anything. I always keep it in my pocket - a dedicated pocket to my phone, no keys or even paper in with it. So with that said, there are a few things you should know about this case.

1) its super thin and covers all corners of the device. But it does NOT cover the top and bottom of the device. Those two area's are definitely prone to scratches. So if you are hard on your phones or work/play hard, you'd probably be better off getting a thicker case.

2) It feels amazing to hold. Fells better (in my opinion) than holding the phone without a case. But - if you have slippery hands, you'll probably drop it. The sides are a very smooth, shiny plastic, that can feel pretty slippery. I do wish they maybe put a thin strip of rubber down each side just to add some grip to it.

3) the accents of the case are gorgeous. It loks like it is the back of the phone with brushed alluminum, shiny silver aluminum accent lines and the case-mate logo (printed, but surrounded by a thin line of aluminum). But - with that said, it comes with a price. I can see this case getting scratched very easily.

Either way - for me it is perfect and I love it. For others, it won't work. But for a "slim" case, it just looks incredible.
    10-13-2011 01:30 PM
    Does the case have a small lip on the front? I am wondering if the case will provide protection to the screen when the phone is placed screen side down.
    10-13-2011 01:50 PM
    Does the case have a small lip on the front? I am wondering if the case will provide protection to the screen when the phone is placed screen side down.
    Yes. but it is very small. its also higher toward the middle of the screen then the top or bottom, so the sides are a very slight arch. however if placed on cement facedown and dragged it would more than likely scratch the screen

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII
    10-13-2011 02:05 PM
    Please check out CaseMate "barly there case ". This is the one you will want. Atleast give it a look. And it has a nice lip.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    10-13-2011 02:07 PM
    Please check out CaseMate "barly there case ". This is the one you will want. Atleast give it a look. And it has a nice lip.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    I'm not looking for a big lip. Any small lip would be sufficient. Just looking for something that would elevate the screen for rare instances such as when the phone is placed on a table face down.
    10-13-2011 02:28 PM

WOW. The wow factor of it in the box alone is amazing. Putting it on the device, it fits perfectly - and I came from the case mate pop case so my phone feels so crazy thin and small now. It truly is an awesome case and definitely worth the $32 i paid.

BUT it's probably not for everyone. I take insanely good care of my devices, so rarely ever drop it, or have it near water or anything. I always keep it in my pocket - a dedicated pocket to my phone, no keys or even paper in with it. So with that said, there are a few things you should know about this case.

1) its super thin and covers all corners of the device. But it does NOT cover the top and bottom of the device. Those two area's are definitely prone to scratches. So if you are hard on your phones or work/play hard, you'd probably be better off getting a thicker case.

2) It feels amazing to hold. Fells better (in my opinion) than holding the phone without a case. But - if you have slippery hands, you'll probably drop it. The sides are a very smooth, shiny plastic, that can feel pretty slippery. I do wish they maybe put a thin strip of rubber down each side just to add some grip to it.

3) the accents of the case are gorgeous. It loks like it is the back of the phone with brushed alluminum, shiny silver aluminum accent lines and the case-mate logo (printed, but surrounded by a thin line of aluminum). But - with that said, it comes with a price. I can see this case getting scratched very easily.

Either way - for me it is perfect and I love it. For others, it won't work. But for a "slim" case, it just looks incredible.

Pics??????
    10-13-2011 02:32 PM
    I've heard reviews of this aluminum case being super nice, but has a major issue with loss of signal. Wi-fi, GPS as well as the phone signal itself. How has this affected you?

I'm REALLY protective of my phone too, thought this would be the perfect case for me.
    But this was the only thing keeping me from this case.

THANKS!
    10-13-2011 02:36 PM

Dammit! Waiting for mine to be delivered in SoCal!
    10-13-2011 03:39 PM
    I've heard reviews of this aluminum case being super nice, but has a major issue with loss of signal. Wi-fi, GPS as well as the phone signal itself. How has this affected you?

I'm REALLY protective of my phone too, thought this would be the perfect case for me.
    But this was the only thing keeping me from this case.

THANKS!
    Its only aluminum over where the battery cover is. I don't see any difference in any signal.

Here are some pics - sorry about the quality - my wife has the camera so I had to use my old Atrix

http://www.brendonlee.com/random/sgsii/sgsii_cmbt_1.jpg

http://www.brendonlee.com/random/sgsii/sgsii_cmbt_2.jpg

http://www.brendonlee.com/random/sgsii/sgsii_cmbt_3.jpg

http://www.brendonlee.com/random/sgsii/sgsii_cmbt_4.jpg

http://www.brendonlee.com/random/sgsii/sgsii_cmbt_5.jpg

http://www.brendonlee.com/random/sgsii/sgsii_cmbt_6.jpg

http://www.brendonlee.com/random/sgsii/sgsii_cmbt_7.jpg
    Deenybird and ttlphotography like this.
    10-13-2011 03:52 PM
    Finally received my aluminum case-mate. This thing is badddd. Fits so nicely and looks super fancy. Definitely recommend. Only thing though lol, I had to ask for another one because this one wasn't glued properly. Some of the metal is coming off a bit in the top corner -_____- Here goes some more waiting.
    10-13-2011 07:15 PM
    Got mine too! Can't complain! As mentioned above, its a little slick. The fit and finish is superb. The case adds the right amount of heft to the phone. To me, the bare phone is too thin and light! My only concern is the exposed top and bottom. I am so impressed with the fit and finish that I think I am going to get another Case-mate (either the Pop or Tough) for time when I need added protection.
    10-14-2011 10:15 AM
    Finally received my aluminum case-mate. This thing is badddd. Fits so nicely and looks super fancy. Definitely recommend. Only thing though lol, I had to ask for another one because this one wasn't glued properly. Some of the metal is coming off a bit in the top corner -_____- Here goes some more waiting.
    How did you send it back? I'm asking because i need to send mine also because i think i was given the international edition.
    10-15-2011 07:48 PM
    Rearth ringke definitely
    10-15-2011 08:05 PM
    another vote for the rearth ringke case. I just received it today and it is extremely nice. It is very thin with awesome professional materials.
    10-15-2011 09:45 PM
    Looks like I'm sending the new one in as well and waiting for the regular barely there. GPS is completely nonfunctional with it on :/ Soon as I took it off, navigation worked almost instantly.
    10-16-2011 01:55 AM
    Rearth is nice... but not a fan of silicon cases.
    10-16-2011 01:58 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD