Looking for a slim case?

Samuri65

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I've heard reviews of this aluminum case being super nice, but has a major issue with loss of signal. Wi-fi, GPS as well as the phone signal itself. How has this affected you?

I'm REALLY protective of my phone too, thought this would be the perfect case for me.
But this was the only thing keeping me from this case.

THANKS!

buirus

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
WELL, i just got my casemate barely there aluminum in and..

WOW. The wow factor of it in the box alone is amazing. Putting it on the device, it fits perfectly - and I came from the case mate pop case so my phone feels so crazy thin and small now. It truly is an awesome case and definitely worth the $32 i paid.

BUT it's probably not for everyone. I take insanely good care of my devices, so rarely ever drop it, or have it near water or anything. I always keep it in my pocket - a dedicated pocket to my phone, no keys or even paper in with it. So with that said, there are a few things you should know about this case.

1) its super thin and covers all corners of the device. But it does NOT cover the top and bottom of the device. Those two area's are definitely prone to scratches. So if you are hard on your phones or work/play hard, you'd probably be better off getting a thicker case.

2) It feels amazing to hold. Fells better (in my opinion) than holding the phone without a case. But - if you have slippery hands, you'll probably drop it. The sides are a very smooth, shiny plastic, that can feel pretty slippery. I do wish they maybe put a thin strip of rubber down each side just to add some grip to it.

3) the accents of the case are gorgeous. It loks like it is the back of the phone with brushed alluminum, shiny silver aluminum accent lines and the case-mate logo (printed, but surrounded by a thin line of aluminum). But - with that said, it comes with a price. I can see this case getting scratched very easily.

Either way - for me it is perfect and I love it. For others, it won't work. But for a "slim" case, it just looks incredible.

Dammit! Waiting for mine to be delivered in SoCal!

brendonlee

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I've heard reviews of this aluminum case being super nice, but has a major issue with loss of signal. Wi-fi, GPS as well as the phone signal itself. How has this affected you?

I'm REALLY protective of my phone too, thought this would be the perfect case for me.
But this was the only thing keeping me from this case.

THANKS!

Its only aluminum over where the battery cover is. I don't see any difference in any signal.

Here are some pics - sorry about the quality - my wife has the camera so I had to use my old Atrix :p

http://www.brendonlee.com/random/sgsii/sgsii_cmbt_1.jpg

http://www.brendonlee.com/random/sgsii/sgsii_cmbt_2.jpg

http://www.brendonlee.com/random/sgsii/sgsii_cmbt_3.jpg

http://www.brendonlee.com/random/sgsii/sgsii_cmbt_4.jpg

http://www.brendonlee.com/random/sgsii/sgsii_cmbt_5.jpg

http://www.brendonlee.com/random/sgsii/sgsii_cmbt_6.jpg

http://www.brendonlee.com/random/sgsii/sgsii_cmbt_7.jpg

castrot3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Finally received my aluminum case-mate. This thing is badddd. Fits so nicely and looks super fancy. Definitely recommend. Only thing though lol, I had to ask for another one because this one wasn't glued properly. Some of the metal is coming off a bit in the top corner -_____- Here goes some more waiting.

buirus

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Got mine too! Can't complain! As mentioned above, its a little slick. The fit and finish is superb. The case adds the right amount of heft to the phone. To me, the bare phone is too thin and light! My only concern is the exposed top and bottom. I am so impressed with the fit and finish that I think I am going to get another Case-mate (either the Pop or Tough) for time when I need added protection.

jSiLeNt619

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Finally received my aluminum case-mate. This thing is badddd. Fits so nicely and looks super fancy. Definitely recommend. Only thing though lol, I had to ask for another one because this one wasn't glued properly. Some of the metal is coming off a bit in the top corner -_____- Here goes some more waiting.

How did you send it back? I'm asking because i need to send mine also because i think i was given the international edition.

sailador

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
another vote for the rearth ringke case. I just received it today and it is extremely nice. It is very thin with awesome professional materials.

castrot3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm sending the new one in as well and waiting for the regular barely there. GPS is completely nonfunctional with it on :/ Soon as I took it off, navigation worked almost instantly.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
AndreaCristiano and sailador: Do you have any issues with the Rearth Ringke case dragging/catching in pockets or such? My last experience of silicone (or similar material) cases always seemed to catch while in my pockets and drag out lint with the case. :p

I miss my Power Support Air Jacket that I had for my iPhone 3GS. I wish there was something comparable to that for the Galaxy S II SGH-i777.

It seems like the Case-Mate Barely There case might be a good option, once it is available for the SGH-i777.

buirus

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm sending the new one in as well and waiting for the regular barely there. GPS is completely nonfunctional with it on :/ Soon as I took it off, navigation worked almost instantly.

Hmmm...I am not having any issues using GPS. I dont really use it too much anyway but I just tested it and everything seems to work. I will need to use my navigation more extensively today when I drive home from work...

sailador

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
AndreaCristiano and sailador: Do you have any issues with the Rearth Ringke case dragging/catching in pockets or such? My last experience of silicone (or similar material) cases always seemed to catch while in my pockets and drag out lint with the case. :p

I miss my Power Support Air Jacket that I had for my iPhone 3GS. I wish there was something comparable to that for the Galaxy S II SGH-i777.

It seems like the Case-Mate Barely There case might be a good option, once it is available for the SGH-i777.

no not at all.... it is made of some sort of anti-dirt silicone. I dont see a piece of lint sticking on it. And no i dont work for Rearth lol

brendonlee

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I'm not having any signal issues at all either. in fact, I started up my gps while in my house and it locked within 10 seconds.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
got my Zenus case today. sending it back tomorrow.
cheap, slippery plastic material. ugly edges, ZERO lips to cover the front glass. what was supposed to be a leather back is a peeling off pleather rip. gross.
horrible product.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually don't like any of the cases. Takes away from the thin form factor of the phone. If I managed to go a year with a glass phone and not break it, I should be gtg with no case on the S2.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz