Looking for a slim case?

castrot3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If you're like me and you don't like the cases available at ATT and looking for something slimmer. Check out the ones at SGP, Case-Mate (barely there aluminum), or Zenus. I went with the Zenus case ordered from Amazon (with 2-day prime shipping). I bought the monochrome, white border with black back. I didn't mind getting the international screen protector with it for free because I have the moshi screen protector from ATT. Though expensive, it's really good considering you can wash it and reuse it. AND it's guaranteed no air bubbles :)

castrot3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
All 3 brands have ATT variants for their cases. I would provide links, but last time my account got banned from forums for spam. So just google um lol. As for the Zenus ones, make sure you use amazon or the USA zenus site. Though, the international and USA zenus cases are the same I believe.

castrot3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Received today. Fits likes a glove. None of the microphone holes are covered. If it weren't for the extra cutout for the lanyard loop, I wouldn't have thought this to be an international case. Fits perfectly.

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Does the screen protector fit or is it cut for the international version? Mine has been ordered and should arrive this Friday.

Last edited:

castrot3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Nice. Which color did you get? And it came with an international one. But I'm not gonna use it since I have the Moshi one anyway.

buirus

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Received today. Fits likes a glove. None of the microphone holes are covered. If it weren't for the extra cutout for the lanyard loop, I wouldn't have thought this to be an international case. Fits perfectly.

Is that the Air Jacket? Do you have a photo of the top of the cover?

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

How do you like it ? Was going to buy this one... kinda don't like having a lanyard cutout when there is nothing there?........

buirus

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I like it except for that cutout on the corner. With my luck, the one time I drop the phone will be right on that corner!

0n3_kn0WN

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
how much thickness does this add? the Casemate Pop case is stupidly thick, i like the idea of the SGP neo hybrid but it too looks kinda beefy... I just want a bit of a lip to protect the screen, and enough on the back to recess the camera bump just a bit. Not a quarter of an inch like the pop case does. how much does this Zenus add to the back thickness wise?

castrot3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Its super nice. My choices were between this, sgp, and case mate. I didn't get sgp because I've heard that the sides are real flimsy and its too easy to remove the cover by accident (check out the review by Sam Pullen on YouTube). For case mate I heard the aluminum interferes with the signal of the phone. So it was either this or wait for regular barely there. So far the case fits well and doesn't add a lot of bulk. Plus the carbon fiber leather design on the back looks really good. Lanyard thing doesn't bother me too much. Just kind of looks like a black accent to the case

castrot3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
how much thickness does this add? the Casemate Pop case is stupidly thick, i like the idea of the SGP neo hybrid but it too looks kinda beefy... I just want a bit of a lip to protect the screen, and enough on the back to recess the camera bump just a bit. Not a quarter of an inch like the pop case does. how much does this Zenus add to the back thickness wise?

It doesn't add any bulk. That's thereason I returned my pop case. But camera has enough depth to not get scratched. As for the screen, the case is pretty flush with th? screen. I thought maybe it being an international case, the .04 mm.difference in phones might be was the cause of it. But I highly doubt it as that's a real tiny difference in width.

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Nice. Which color did you get? And it came with an international one. But I'm not gonna use it since I have the Moshi one anyway.

I ordered the dark silver. I might try to use the international screen protector even tho I have the at&t if it's a close enough fit.
I also don't care about the lanyard cut out but with my luck I'll drop it on the open antenna corner but by the looks of it, I already love this case.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

Off subject, may I ask what kind of calendar widget is that on your home screen?

0n3_kn0WN

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
So i checked out Zenus some more, it seems they just released the Air Bumper Case season 2. This Seems like a really thin case, giving you the option to run just the bumper by itself, or the bumper + one of the two colored back plates.

Amazon.com: ZENUS Galaxy S2 Case 'Air Bumper' Season 2 Series - Yellow: Electronics

I like the bumper only + maybe an invisible shield or ghost armor for the back. keep it sleek, and slightly more grippy than in its naked form.

castrot3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
So after 1 full day of normal use of my phone with case on, it seems that the plastic slightly "stretched" out. Case wasn't as snug and is comes out much easier. Considering returning and trying out the aluminum case-mate... Which is a shame because this Zenus case is so nice. Got compliments at work all day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish