Went from an Iphone 4 to a Galaxy S2

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i did the same switch also.. and i think there is something up with the speedtest.net app.. try using a web based speed test.. ive used speakeasy.com and gotten much faster speeds.. acutal HSPA+ speeds

I tried this too...but it didn't make a difference. When I tested it with my home network it was right on par with my computer too.

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's funny, I go back and read macrumors esp now since iOS 5 is out and read nothing but enamored users gloat about features that have been available at least a year on other devices. Reminds me of when Lloyd gets blown away by the newspaper article hanging on the wall about us reaching the moon in Dumb and Dumber.

They are just a bunch of sheep...
sheep-herd.jpg

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
How is the camera shutter speed compared to the iPhone 4? One thing about Apple's cameras is they are quick. Is the Galaxy S2 as quick?

Sent via VM670

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
How is the camera shutter speed compared to the iPhone 4? One thing about Apple's cameras is they are quick. Is the Galaxy S2 as quick?

Sent via VM670

I can't honestly say that there is much of a difference....if anything, it's faster on the S2. A lot more features too.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
i have to disagree, the cam in the S2 is slower.. on thing other manufactures have yet to catch up to apple on... the S2 does take great pics though.. i do love mine.. and am not really misssing my ip4

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i have to disagree, the cam in the S2 is slower.. on thing other manufactures have yet to catch up to apple on... the S2 does take great pics though.. i do love mine.. and am not really misssing my ip4

I just messed with my S2 again...and I don't know what I was thinking. It is much slower, but it does take better pictures/videos. One thing that I did notice is that the S2 seems to even adjust the ISO settings quite well. While riding in a car that was going 60mph, I took some pictures and to my amazement, there was barely any blur. I will have to find that picture if I didn't delete it and post it.

I found it.
20111009_095717.jpg

Last edited:

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
While I switched from an Samsung Captivate i897, which has a smaller battery then the sgs2, I was running jvs on my cappy *android 2.3.5* versus the uckh7 2.3.4 build, I am still getting very similar battery life of averaging 18+ hours, I went almost 17 hours and started charging at 44% and at home weak signal but the sgs 2 has better signal then my cappy ever did, the call quality is 100x better *considering I was using a i9000 based rom, kernel and modem on the i897*, which was expected since the cappy has the audience chip. But with Autosync on, Bluetooth always on, getting a ton of email and uploading data, streaming music for google music. Similar battery life as the cappy running gb = nice. Even with voodoo lag fix, the cappy still lagged where my sgs2 has not lagged at all and running the same amount of programs. The camera is fast enough for what I use it for and having the front facing camera as well as a flash was a welcome change from the captivate. But considering having a 1650 mah battery with a dual core 1.2 ghz cpu and 4.3 inch screen compared to the single core 1 ghz cpu, 4 inch screen and a 1100 mah battery with similar battery life still amazes me.

HTH,
Charlie

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Is the messaging app quicker? My aria is slow sending SMS/mms. My next upgrade goes to the phone that can do it as fast as my work blackberry tour. Takes 2 secs vs 8 secs avg on my aria.

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Is the messaging app quicker? My aria is slow sending SMS/mms. My next upgrade goes to the phone that can do it as fast as my work blackberry tour. Takes 2 secs vs 8 secs avg on my aria.

I've had many issues with texting on the S2. For instance...when you receive a picture text, it shows it as a video. I also have had a few failed MMS messages sending attempts with a 4 bar HSPA+ signal.

I am slowly starting to learn that this phone...although great in beauty and speed...has a ton of issues, much more so than my old Iphone 4.

Also, is there a way to disable it from asking me what program to use to make a phone call, every single time I make a call? Little things like this....I would expect the phone to learn and not ask me again. I think this phone will slowly drive me nuts.

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Also, is there a way to disable it from asking me what program to use to make a phone call, every single time I make a call? Little things like this....I would expect the phone to learn and not ask me again. I think this phone will slowly drive me nuts.

The next time you go to make a phone call and the options for what program pops up, at the bottom of the popup window check the "make default" box to make that choice your default. You shouldn't be prompted after that anymore. :D

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The next time you go to make a phone call and the options for what program pops up, at the bottom of the popup window check the "make default" box to make that choice your default. You shouldn't be prompted after that anymore. :D

I've checked that box many times before....It still asks.

EskibZ

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you!

I had an Iphone 4 and just switched to my s2 about 3 days ago. I love everything about it. i actually just finished rooting it about 10 mins ago.. lol and right now im looking for a ROM that extends battery life and overclocks.. still looking though.

My overview on the ip4 vs. the GS2 is that the Iphone is for a more broad spectrum of consumer, its easier to use, and does alot. BUT.... the GS2 does WAY more and does it way faster its all about how you use it.

mrao

May 5, 2011
Visit site
@Eskibz..Try out Simple & Clean Rom with the Speedmod kernel...or the CheckRom HD Revolution 3.1 with the Siyah Kernel....im getting close to 2 days of battery life with both..and i have 3G and GPS on all the time...and use tapatalk a lot...with sone 30 mins of FB and an hour of listening to music

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz