Calendar Reminders: broken or is it just me?

sck18

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I sync to a Google calendar, where 5-min "pop-up" notifications are on by default.

All of these were synced correctly to my shiny new AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II (having just recently abandoned my Palm Pre+ :)

My ONE complaint about this truly impressive phone is that it doesn't remind me about my appointments (I have checked and the Calendar > Settings > Notification Settings is on "alert")...but the alert USUALLY doesn't come up.

Please help out a former WebOS user looking to seamlessly transition to Android without missing all of my meetings!

brendonlee

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine appear to be working, have you tried creating a new test appointment on your phone and see if that pops up?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII

sck18

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks yes, I've tried a bunch of tests...it ignores the reminder whether the event is created on the phone or the desktop browser.

sck18

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
@shansmi - what do you mean by "pop-up" - is it an alert that you have to dismiss, or just a notification in the pull-down menu?

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Go into Google on your PC and enter Calendar settings. There is a choice of Popup or email. Mine is set for popup. Everything is default on the device except I did change the default reminder timer to 15 mins from 10 mins.

JimmyDW2

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I was seeing the same thing. I went into the S2's stock calendar settings and saw "set alerts and notifications". It was set to Status Bar Notification (stock setting). I changed it to "Alert" and now I'm getting a Tone at whatever time I set it to and also a notice comes on screen that you have to either snooze it or dismiss it.

nimblefooted

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
When set to vibrate-only mode (at work), the SGS2's calendar app doesn't appear to be able to kick on the display and show a meeting reminder. If you can't hear the vibration (which so far seems wimpier than the 3GS's), then there's nothing to grab your attention.

Have to poke around for an alternate calendar app that syncs to Google.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I sync to a Google calendar, where 5-min "pop-up" notifications are on by default.

All of these were synced correctly to my shiny new AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II (having just recently abandoned my Palm Pre+ :)

My ONE complaint about this truly impressive phone is that it doesn't remind me about my appointments (I have checked and the Calendar > Settings > Notification Settings is on "alert")...but the alert USUALLY doesn't come up.

Please help out a former WebOS user looking to seamlessly transition to Android without missing all of my meetings!

This might be dumb to ask, but can you check if you got the "time zone" corrected in the calendar settings?

sck18

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
@frozencloud - Yup, time zone's correct :)

@nimblefooted - It's actually been behaving better over the past day or so, kicking up reminders even when the screen's off and silent!