Just got my phone couple days ago and love it!

I am having an issue on getting it to connect to my companies router. We use static ip address and have a list of specific MAC addresses which it can connect to .

IT has setup the MAC address up on the router and assigned the IP address to phone. We have entered the IP address into the phone as well as the gateway and other settings in the static Ip setting son the phone and we have USE STATIC IP checked.

When turn on the wifi, and select the network, it indicates "Obtaining ip address...". It never connects.

Any ideas on how to correct ts
    10-13-2011 03:53 PM
    could the ip address be password protected?

and just tossing out ideas, but how's the wifi signal strength where you're attempting to connect?
    reason i say that is because while our work setup doesnt have quite as many hoops to jump thru, the wifi signal at my office is weak. I went to another office closer to the "IT closet" and attempted to let the phone connect again for the 1st time and it worked. May just be coincidence. but now that the phone has "learned" i can connect from my office now and the wifi signal here is just as weak as its ever been.
    Lastly, have you tried comparing setups with another phone that can connect?
    10-14-2011 08:33 AM
    Thanks for the tips.

Yeah we have it locked down pretty tight. IT came one and removed MAC authentication on Friday as well as static ip.

I can connect to network, but no internet.

Will be working with them on Monday.
    10-16-2011 08:27 AM