went from Galaxy S II to iPhone 4S

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Compare by performance not specs. The public cares about actually usage. If the Android Speed has the smallest processor ever but is the fastest phone ever made, that's all the public knows. No one cares about specs in the real world. What I'm saying is compare them to each other. Have a "face off" and put specs aside.

Ahh ok that's understandable I agree with that

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget that the IOS5 does not truly multi task, so it technically don't need all that ram. But running side by side, even with 6-7 apps running in the background, the galaxy S 2 is just as fast as the iphone4s.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
According to this logic no two phones running different os's should be compared... right?

Not as far as specs go, no. It's too hard to find a benchmark that is fair. Even JavaScript and sunspider benchmarks aren't "fair" in the sense that each OS handles that type of code differently.

My benchmark is how they run in my hand. And between the SGSII and iPhone 4/4S they are equally smooth. I haven't had any rebooted or anything like that (maybe one force close on an app), and battery life for me has been good, but not iPhone good.

Each phone will have it's issues. Hopefully they will be fixed and addressed.

I agree that the iPhone keyboard is amazing (and I love swiftkey and swype).

Also, because of the way multi tasking is handled on ios ram doesn't matter as much.

Lets not make this a bashing thread or I'll be forced to close it. I'm all for lively discussion, but not when it gets to bashing another platform or persons decision.

Sent from my SGS II

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I like both. I have an iPhone 4S and my wife has the Gs2. Guess which phone I'm always messing with when I get home. The Samsung. I like what's it does but then I like what the iPhone does. On the Samsung I can buy music straight from Amazon, can't do that with iOS. But on iOs, I can buy music straight from iTunes and sync my library without using Doubletwist or isyncr. I'm torn between the 2.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I will say this about the iPhone, I never had to concern myself with checking a task manager and closing things. If this maintenance step bothers people that in itself is enough to make someone want an iPhone. They really don't need to mess with settings to make the battery last, although we are seeing different with the 4s. I believe iCloud and sync and LOS are killing batteries on that thing left and right.

cwells

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been an iPhone user since day one in 2007 and I've had every iPhone they released on the release day except the iPhone 4s. If you ask me iPhone 4s is a complete flop, when it was announced there stock had dropped a bit because everyone was very disappointed with it. Despite the "supposed record pre order sales" i don't think its a feature packed phone to compete with whats out on the market now, thats why i switched to the GS2 and to be honest I'm not looking back anytime soon. I have had a chance to mess around with the 4s and i felt i was using the same phone that was released last year (iPhone 4) siri is cool i guess but its the same thing my GS2 can do, only difference is that siri takes a while to do anything because it ALWAYS talks back to you, kind of frustrating if you ask me. At the end of the day i am a huge apple fan i have 2 iMacs, an iPad as well as an apple TV but the iPhone 4s just didn't do it for me and I know I'm not the ONLY who feels that way.. Either way it comes down to preference and i hope you enjoy your new iPhone !!

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been an iPhone user since day one in 2007 and I've had every iPhone they released on the release day except the iPhone 4s. If you ask me iPhone 4s is a complete flop, when it was announced there stock had dropped a bit because everyone was very disappointed with it. Despite the "supposed record pre order sales" i don't think its a feature packed phone to compete with whats out on the market now, thats why i switched to the GS2 and to be honest I'm not looking back anytime soon. I have had a chance to mess around with the 4s and i felt i was using the same phone that was released last year (iPhone 4) siri is cool i guess but its the same thing my GS2 can do, only difference is that siri takes a while to do anything because it ALWAYS talks back to you, kind of frustrating if you ask me. At the end of the day i am a huge apple fan i have 2 iMacs, an iPad as well as an apple TV but the iPhone 4s just didn't do it for me and I know I'm not the ONLY who feels that way.. Either way it comes down to preference and i hope you enjoy your new iPhone !!

+1

Believe me it kills me that my GS2 can't be integrated as seamlessly as my iPhone 4. I own a MBP, 1 ipad, 2 iPad 2's, and I have a macbook air that just showed up at my house. But you can't get past the fact that the GS2 does just about everything better than the iPhone 4s. It's just a better smartphone, regardless of specs.

thefunks67

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
+1

Believe me it kills me that my GS2 can't be integrated as seamlessly as my iPhone 4. I own a MBP, 1 ipad, 2 iPad 2's, and I have a macbook air that just showed up at my house. But you can't get past the fact that the GS2 does just about everything better than the iPhone 4s. It's just a better smartphone, regardless of specs.

The whole intergration of iOS across said devices is what Apple is selling. First me I don't care. For my wife who is an Educator that is mobile it is a big deal.

I left the Apple world because I wanted a choice. She stayed because the Apple model works for her and it makes her comfortable.

-Funk

tdubrpdx

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
And I couldn't be happier. The SGS2 had a sexy screen, but that was just about the only thing I really liked about it. The 4S is like getting back into bed with the best lover I ever had, and she's been working out like a maniac to get her body even tighter than before.

Au revoir and bon chance, gentlemen!

Hey! iphone user! We don't take kindly to your types 'round here.

sailador

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I had iphone 3g, 3gs, and Iphone 4. I also had Ipad 1 and Ipad 2. I thought apple was the . Then one day I just decided what the heck let me buy this Samsung Galaxy S2 while I wait for the Iphone 5 or Iphone 4s or whatever they call it. I could return it in 30 days. Then I was blown away by the S2 and android in general. I didnt realized what I have been missing all these years. I was like WTF was I thinking all these time. Android itself is an amazing OS with great customization. The S2 itself is the King of all phone. After that I sold my Iphone 4 and my Ipad 2 on ebay. No way I am going back to Apple with their closed system and outdated techs. The moral of the story is...dont be so close minded and just stick to the same old years after years. Especially in technologies.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I had iphone 3g, 3gs, and Iphone 4. I also had Ipad 1 and Ipad 2. I thought apple was the . Then one day I just decided what the heck let me buy this Samsung Galaxy S2 while I wait for the Iphone 5 or Iphone 4s or whatever they call it. I could return it in 30 days. Then I was blown away by the S2 and android in general. I didnt realized what I have been missing all these years. I was like WTF was I thinking all these time. Android itself is an amazing OS with great customization. The S2 itself is the King of all phone. After that I sold my Iphone 4 and my Ipad 2 on ebay. No way I am going back to Apple with their closed system and outdated techs. The moral of the story is...dont be so close minded and just stick to the same old years after years. Especially in technologies.

I've been tempted to pick up a Galaxy tab 10.1, but all reviews are pretty conclusive the iPad 2 is still at the top.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I had a chance to play with the iPhone 4s a little more today, what a great little device. I really enjoyed Siri, however that's about it. I suspect that we will see something comparable from google in the near future. Overall I think that the GS2 is the better device, atleast for me.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Siri is a cocktail party conversation piece. Much like FaceTime, it's neat to show people, but I would wager less than 2% of apple users actually implement it with any regularity.

cajunrph

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I've had a 3g, 3GS, and a iPhone 4. I've also owned the Galaxy S and now the GS2. For the first day my GS2 lasted about as long as my iPhone would have. I'll see how it does going on. As far as crashing goes, my iPhone 4 was getting worse lately. I had to do hard reset a few times while on Facebook before the last few OS updates I rarely had problems with the phone freezing. None so far with the GS2. Good luck with the iPhone 4S, may be it will be more stable than my 4 was.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The only reason I decided to skip on the sg2 and get the iPhone was because of build quality. I'm not a fan of the plastic feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
^^^I'm not a fan of glass front and back.. Not durable. I owned an iPhone 4 for 1 year and 3 months then finally 1 little accidental drop cracked the front glass and replacement is $90 (3rd party)

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
^^^I'm not a fan of glass front and back.. Not durable. I owned an iPhone 4 for 1 year and 3 months then finally 1 little accidental drop cracked the front glass and replacement is $90 (3rd party)

I have an otterbox for when I go to the field and things like that. And I'm insured through my bank so I don't worry about dropping my phone I have full coverage on it. I can see why you don't like it though.

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I personally don't like having a thick case (otterbox or anything that makes the phone double the size). I went through 1 year and 3 month without a case... I was never insured so.. yea.. After I dropped that phone, I was set to get the SGSII since plastic is sometime more durable than glass but the screen is still glass.