went from Galaxy S II to iPhone 4S

dch176

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
And I couldn't be happier. The SGS2 had a sexy screen, but that was just about the only thing I really liked about it. The 4S is like getting back into bed with the best lover I ever had, and she's been working out like a maniac to get her body even tighter than before.

Au revoir and bon chance, gentlemen!

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
And I couldn't be happier. The SGS2 had a sexy screen, but that was just about the only thing I really liked about it. The 4S is like getting back into bed with the best lover I ever had, and she's been working out like a maniac to get her body even tighter than before.

Well yeah, it caught up to having features that other phones have had for over a year. Maybe by WWDC 2012 they'll have "revolutionary" widgets you can pick up in the app store and customize the proprietary notification pull down.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If they do not get this lock screen issue fixed and get control of this AP mobile app hijacking my data plan, I might be with you and return my SGSII. My daughter is getting the new iphone but before that she upgraded her iphone 3GS to ios 5. No problems. Impressive that they support a 2 year old phone.

Last edited:

Baroka

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Moved from a nexus one to SGSII but never crossed my mind to switch to the iphone cos Android in my own opinion is like the greatest lover I would not even think of cheating on...Bon voyage :D

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So other than you're inappropriate and unnatural love for the iPhone, what makes it better than the sg2? Serious question.

Jefstead

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I took my GS2 back last night and will be getting the 4S. While I love what android has done with their OS and particularly the Google Voice integration, I just couldn't live with the GS2's battery life from what I was used to with iPhone.
Both are incredible phones, though, and it is a great time to be a fan of smartphones in general.

DustinCasler

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've carried iphone and Android as well as playing with both the Galaxy S 2 and iphone 4s. I'm still not ready to go back to iPhone. Maybe when they get a larger screen and add actual home screen customization.....

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!

gaveup

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I took my GS2 back last night and will be getting the 4S. While I love what android has done with their OS and particularly the Google Voice integration, I just couldn't live with the GS2's battery life from what I was used to with iPhone.
Both are incredible phones, though, and it is a great time to be a fan of smartphones in general.

Wait, what?

I've been using iPhones since the 3gs and then moved onto the 4 at launch. Where is this better battery life you speak of? I had to charge my 4 at work daily just to use it through the day. Not the case with my GS2....

I don't know what magical battery you had in yours, but I can tell you this is the case with everyone I work with that has iphones as they were always begging for my charge cable.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Wait, what?

I've been using iPhones since the 3gs and then moved onto the 4 at launch. Where is this better battery life you speak of? I had to charge my 4 at work daily just to use it through the day. Not the case with my GS2....

I don't know what magical battery you had in yours, but I can tell you this is the case with everyone I work with that has iphones as they were always begging for my charge cable.

I have the exact opposite experience that you had. Once I got to the iPhone 4 I was good with battery life. With the SGSII that I returned today, not so much. I agree on the 3/3GS though completely. I think it depends on usage patterns overall.

I tweaked both phones in the same manner (iphone 4/sgsii) and couldn't deal with how the SGSII performed battery wise based on my usage patterns. It's just not (Android in general) that power efficient yet. I think Google will figure it out down the road....and the answer isn't just bigger batteries

Overall, Android has a lot of features and customization available, but is definitely less polished overall.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Jefstead, I'm with you on this. I REALLY wanted to like the GSII, and I did, but battery life is at the top of my list, just in front of screen size.....so I headed back to the garden.....

bxborn31

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I went the other way. 3 years of iphones and now a gs2. I could never go back to that little baby screen. I cant see people in public places talking to their phones. Sounds obnoxious. As far as battery life goes i get about the same life.

sent by Megatron using Tapatalk

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the are plenty having battery issues since installing iOS5???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar