went from Galaxy S II to iPhone 4S

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with your iPhone.:) It's certainly a beautiful phone. I don't think you can go wrong with either phone. It was difficult for me to go from 2 days on a charge with my Blackberry, to 12 hours with my Infuse, but I gained something huge in the tradeoff. The Infuse actually works! I got 2 days on a charge with my BB because the thing barely worked lol. Anyway, glad you found the phone that works best for you. That's the most important thing.:)

Chasmodai

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Is it OK that I use both an iPhone 4 (no reason to upgrade that to a 4S) and my new SGSII?

The SGS is definitely faster, and the larger screen makes it a better web browser for me.

But at the moment, I still like them both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Is it OK that I use both an iPhone 4 (no reason to upgrade that to a 4S) and my new SGSII?

The SGS is definitely faster, and the larger screen makes it a better web browser for me.

But at the moment, I still like them both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with that at all. I hope a firmware improves the battery life on the gsii so I can come back. It's definitely going to take some getting used to the smaller screen again!

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading macrumors all day, doesn't sound like many are having a picnic over their either with the 4s.

rbj13

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I miss about iPhone is the appstore and it really pisses me off that I can't play my Gameloft games on GS2.:mad:

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I took my GS2 back last night and will be getting the 4S. While I love what android has done with their OS and particularly the Google Voice integration, I just couldn't live with the GS2's battery life from what I was used to with iPhone.
Both are incredible phones, though, and it is a great time to be a fan of smartphones in general.

What kind of battery life were you getting with your sgs2? Mine is very similar to the captivate running darkyrom xxjvs base and I am getting 16 - 18+ hours with syncing my contacts, calender, twitter, fb, bluetooth on all the time, wifi on when I am at home and considering a 150 mah more capacity of battery life with twice the ram and 200 mhz clock with a dual core cpu on the sgs2 vs the captivate is a feat in itself. Even with playing games and high use, still charging once a day on this phone. I am loving the battery life and let's not add .27 inch larger screen aka .3 inch larger compared and still getting equal battery life. Only thing I have done is root and sim unlock, I have not even debloated the stock rom yet and it is getting this kind of battery life.

HTH,
Charlie

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
And I couldn't be happier. The SGS2 had a sexy screen, but that was just about the only thing I really liked about it. The 4S is like getting back into bed with the best lover I ever had, and she's been working out like a maniac to get her body even tighter than before.

Au revoir and bon chance, gentlemen!

(ugh - what an analogy!... what about the 2nd part of that thought process?

"Once you go back with an EX, its honeymooning AT FIRST, but soon the things that drove you apart begin to surface and you REMEMBER why you left, and you can't book fast enough"

...your lil Apple Girl MAY be accomodating your needs now, but its just a matter of time before she will rear her "proprietary, stubborn, expensive, and limited" head (no pun intended...lol) and you'll once again be eyeing those sexy Android Girls... : )

BTC

P.S. I am by far NO Apple basher, but if you were lured away once, you will be lured away again....once a cheat, always a cheat...lol j/k enjoy : )

Reactions: bxborn31

bxborn31

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
(ugh - what an analogy!... what about the 2nd part of that thought process?

"Once you go back with an EX, its honeymooning AT FIRST, but soon the things that drove you apart begin to surface and you REMEMBER why you left, and you can't book fast enough"

...your lil Apple Girl MAY be accomodating your needs now, but its just a matter of time before she will rear her "proprietary, stubborn, expensive, and limited" head (no pun intended...lol) and you'll once again be eyeing those sexy Android Girls... : )

BTC

P.S. I am by far NO Apple basher, but if you were lured away once, you will be lured away again....once a cheat, always a cheat...lol j/k enjoy : )

+infinity

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm using both the iPhone 4 and the Galaxy S II on my personal and work lines. If nothing else, the iPhone has the best keyboard. It's easy to type on, and it's really smart. Now that it finally has a user dictionary of sorts, flubbing up your commonly used off-color words is a problem no more. Hopefully less "damn you, autocorrect!"

My iPhone is still my main phone, and I love Android, and specially the GSII, but the iPhone is still the most consistent experience, with THE BEST battery life.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
And I couldn't be happier. The SGS2 had a sexy screen, but that was just about the only thing I really liked about it. The 4S is like getting back into bed with the best lover I ever had, and she's been working out like a maniac to get her body even tighter than before.

Au revoir and bon chance, gentlemen!

I don't see how you can impressed with the iphone4s's speed? I was comparing my co workers in app speed opening with my galaxy S 1 might I add and while it was fast, it wasn't break neck speed fast. Plus the fact that it only 512 megs of ram and don't have apps running in the background due to non true multi task. The experience was really meh at best. Now the galaxy S II, 30 hours of actual use same speed at opening apps as the iphone 4s but with 3d live wall paper running in the background with 6 other apps with not a single hiccup. Plus IOS5 looks almost exactly the same as IOS4 with the exception of the notification bar with some widget type of thing.

Overall I will give a thumbs middle, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

ofcjscott

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Well enjoy your "sloppy seconds" from Apple, there buddy. 4S is nothing more than a second chance at trying to keep up with Samsung!!! At which they have failed, BTW!!!! Viva la SGSII!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGSII using Tapatalk.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey, no hate from me. Enjoy it. I love my GS2! My wife's 4S is pretty sweet. She missed it after being on Android for 2+ years. Peace.

lilo777

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4S looks like a decent phone but it has very little on SGSII. There are two very good videos on youtube comparing the two phones shot y a guy who knows both platforms pretty well. I highly recommend those for everyone interested (no those are not my videos ;)).

Samsung Galaxy S II vs Apple iPhone 4S "AT&T Face Off" - YouTube
Samsung Galaxy S II vs Apple iPhone 4S Part 2 "AT&T Face Off:" - YouTube

The same guy also compared two video cameras and here too SGSII looks at least as good as IP4S (I'd say it actually looks better):

Samsung Galaxy S II vs Apple iPhone 4S 1080p Video Comparison - YouTube

The two areas where IP4S is better are: screen resolution (we knew that one) and voice commands (but not by that much)

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4S looks like a decent phone but it has very little on SGSII. There are two very good videos on youtube comparing the two phones shot y a guy who knows both platforms pretty well. I highly recommend those for everyone interested (no those are not my videos ;)).

The same guy also compared two video cameras and here too SGSII looks at least as good as IP4S (I'd say it actually looks better):

The two areas where IP4S is better are: screen resolution (we knew that one) and voice commands (but not by that much)

That guys comparison is so horrible....he isn't that familiar with the iPhone...that's for sure.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

The SGSII is very impressive. I am a little skeptical about the video footage. I have had both phones and the video on my iPhone 4S is smoother than it was on the SGSII. But I was really impressed with the voice commands on Android. I didn't even know that it could do some of those things. It isn't as cool as Siri but it did seem to be more efficient. The screen on the SGSII is awesome. I loved the colors. However the screen isn't as responsive as on the iPhone. This is evident when typing. I make so many errors when typing on the SGSII. On the iPhone I am faster and a lot more accurate. I don't think that anyone could go wrong with either device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm using both the iPhone 4 and the Galaxy S II on my personal and work lines. If nothing else, the iPhone has the best keyboard. It's easy to type on, and it's really smart. Now that it finally has a user dictionary of sorts, flubbing up your commonly used off-color words is a problem no more. Hopefully less "damn you, autocorrect!"

My iPhone is still my main phone, and I love Android, and specially the GSII, but the iPhone is still the most consistent experience, with THE BEST battery life.

I was struggling with the default keyboards on the GSII .. I then purchased Smart Keyboard, all I can say is wow! ... It's like night and day, easier to hit the keys and autocorrect works much better. Give it a try, feels just as good as iPhone keyboard + you get haptic feedback "which I enjoy"

AndreaCristiano#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I love my SGS2 but the battery is strange same usage every day and some days I end the day with 10% others 40% what gives? All the settings are at the lowest they can be and yet my screen still sucks up 68% even with green power