went from Galaxy S II to iPhone 4S

sailador

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The SGSII is very impressive. I am a little skeptical about the video footage. I have had both phones and the video on my iPhone 4S is smoother than it was on the SGSII. But I was really impressed with the voice commands on Android. I didn't even know that it could do some of those things. It isn't as cool as Siri but it did seem to be more efficient. The screen on the SGSII is awesome. I loved the colors. However the screen isn't as responsive as on the iPhone. This is evident when typing. I make so many errors when typing on the SGSII. On the iPhone I am faster and a lot more accurate. I don't think that anyone could go wrong with either device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went from Iphone 4 to Samsung S2. The S2 is freaking legit. It is so responsive and the screen is mind blowing. I do admit the typing is a little shortcoming. But to get over that I bought flex9 keyboard. This keyboard is the bomb man. It input, trace, type, and listen to your voice with great accuracy. Sorry for sound like i am advertising for that keyboard lol. As of now I am an android dude all the way. I would never go back to apple with their close source software and outdated technologies.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
They are no doubt that they are pro and cons about both phones. But coming from the apple camp, the SG2 really impressed me. Of course, the resolution is not as great as the iPhone but the color is freaking awesome. And I'm really loving this swype keyboard, wish it had more language support though.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
They are no doubt that they are pro and cons about both phones. But coming from the apple camp, the SG2 really impressed me. Of course, the resolution is not as great as the iPhone but the color is freaking awesome. And I'm really loving this swype keyboard, wish it had more language support though.

I agree.....the lower resolution screen doesn't matter as much because the colors really POP! I liked having the choice in choosing a keyboard too.

What I really miss the most at the moment is the 4.3" screen vs the 3.5" screen on the iPhone 4s. It's definitely taking some time getting used to for sure.

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
another awesome keyboard alternative is swift key x. I've been using it on my gsII and it learns the way you type and has some cool gestures for backspace and other things

riekls

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to be a doubleconvert. I was an iphone 3g, 3gs, 4 user. I got sick of the 3.5" screen and went to the GSII about 2 weeks ago. I LOVE the screen, guh I so love the screen. I love Swype as well! These two things are huge plus's to me.

However .. I am likely going back to the iphone 4s, why? Simple, it works 100% of the time. In the 3 years I had iPhones I think I had a total of 2 crashes and 2 lockups.

In the two weeks i've had the GS2 i've had to reboot 6 times, and force close a dozen applications. I haven't rooted, haven't done anything super fancy to the phone. MMS locks up all the time when taking pictures, I find apps that don't work with the phone. Annoying, and a lot of this comes down to iOS vs Android.

iOS simply works, you can't customize it for a , good luck if you want a new feature, but you can rely on it to be there when you need it. Applications work for everything, huge advantage only having to support 5-6 different cpu/gpu combinations and like 2 resolutions on iphone and 1 on ipad compared to the hundreads of combinations of cpu/gpu/resolution Android has to contend with.

I almost wish Android had not gone open source, that Google had gone the Apple route, made their own hardware and just done it differently. Sigh .. there is no question the 'hardware' of the new android phones is going to outdistance the iPhone's, but until they can make the OS stable, the app store not so fragmented, there are going to be problems like this that can't be surmounted with more cpu cycles.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Then you have something wrong. Running 41 apps and no problems at all. Certainly no lockups or autonomous reboots. If you read a few threads, a few others have seen this and done factory resets or a device exchange. This is not the norm.

hachem28

May 22, 2011
Visit site
wow its funny how the 4S is being compared to the GS2, the iphone isnt even 1ghz dual core, the GS2 dominates the iphone in every way except for the low light for the camera

lilo777

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Then you have something wrong. Running 41 apps and no problems at all. Certainly no lockups or autonomous reboots. If you read a few threads, a few others have seen this and done factory resets or a device exchange. This is not the norm.

I got SGS2 on the day it was released on AT&T and have not had a single reboot. Admittedly, I do not use MMS. However, your opinion about iOS seems a little bit overly positive. Just check Macrumors forums. Many people complain about Safari force closing all the time (in iOS 5). It happens with SGSII too (the web browser) but vary rarely. Besides, new version of Android ill be released next week. We'll see.

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I do consider going back to iPhone 4.. but then the features aren't that amazing on the 4S and iOS don't allow much customization unlike Android. One thing I liked about the iPhone was the screen size for typing which I'm still not used to the bigger screen on the SGSII. iPhone just feels too heavy for its size when compared to the SGSII.. a bigger phone but lighter than the iPhone 4/4S

lilo777

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
wow its funny how the 4S is being compared to the GS2, the iphone isnt even 1ghz dual core, the GS2 dominates the iphone in every way except for the low light for the camera

Actually, it's just an Apple hype. Cameras in all top-line smartphones today use back-illuminated sensors which improve low light performance. PC World just published the results of he testing comparing the best camera phones. In their tests, SGSII got better scores than iPhone 4S. Link: Smartphone Camera Battle: iPhone 4S vs. the Android Elite - Page 2 | PCWorld

antelope83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Regarding battery life, I'm getting about the same on my GS2 as I did on the iP4, about two days. Mainly email, some calls and texts, and some browsing. No games or long videos. Running WiFi; GPS generally off.

In the less than a week I've had the GS2 I haven't had time to customize much so I need to do that quickly and see whether or not I'll go back to an iPhone. I doubt it though, as the agonizing process of re-setting up my old iPhone for my wife reminded me of all the things that infuriate me with Apple (difficulty of control over syncing, i.e. the iTunes vortex, especially if one is moving between computers). The jittery lock screen on my GS2 is annoying though (no password yet - hoping for a fix).

riekls

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Perhaps MMS has a lot to do with it, my wife just got the Infuse last week and has also had several lockups, both of my coworkers at work with Android have at least weekly reboots (that are needed, not that happen spontaneously).

riekls

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Why is it funny? This is pure fanboy speak, side by side reviews of both straight web loading and Java tests have shown the iphone 4s to be faster despite the lower clock speed. There is no 'dominating' by either phone over the other in terms of performance they are equals.

The 'domainting' comes from iOS and the Apple store where you can download and use any app without fear of compatability or random crashes on your phone.

Android 'dominates' iOS in terms of massive customization, you can do anything with it and that is awesome, multiple keyboards, new launchers i mean that stuff is super slick. But it is meaningless if it makes the platform unstable.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

You can't compare apple's 512 to Andriods 1.2. iOS runs differently and doesn't need as much. My truck has more hp than a Porche but the Porche is faster because it's lighter. iOS is basically "lighter" than Andriod. Look at Apple computers vs Windows. Windows computers now come with 8 gigs of ram and some still aren't as fast as a Mac. Most Macs I've seen had maybe 2gigs and they still didn't bogg down. It's all in the operating system.

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You can't compare apple's 512 to Andriods 1.2. iOS runs differently and doesn't need as much. My truck has more hp than a Porche but the Porche is faster because it's lighter. iOS is basically "lighter" than Andriod. Look at Apple computers vs Windows. Windows computers now come with 8 gigs of ram and some still aren't as fast as a Mac. Most Macs I've seen had maybe 2gigs and they still didn't bogg down. It's all in the operating system.

According to this logic no two phones running different os's should be compared... right?

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Compare by performance not specs. The public cares about actually usage. If the Android Speed has the smallest processor ever but is the fastest phone ever made, that's all the public knows. No one cares about specs in the real world. What I'm saying is compare them to each other. Have a "face off" and put specs aside.

ajm91484

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I switched from my Galaxy S II to iphone4s and honestly i'm regretting it. Not that the iphone4s is a bad phone by any means, but the battery on the iphone is actully worse than it was on the Galaxy s II. I'm not someone who constantly is on the phone web browsing or anything, so that's big thing with me. Also the fact with the downloading of ringtones to the iphone seems to be a lenghty process. Whereas you plug in the Galaxy S II you can just go to the root folder and drop them in or go to myxer.com or whatever site and it goes to your phone. So I will be coming back to Android.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000