went from Galaxy S II to iPhone 4S

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
The 4S battery is fantastic. Apple says so,

Apple support told me just to turn of WiFi, Bluetooth, and Location services and my battery would last longer. Toggling those on and off is a breeze too.

Funny thing is the SG2 I have now has been off the charger for 10 hours 30 mins of talk time, 45 mins of internet, and 30 mins of playing games and is still at 80% and WiFi and bluetooth have been on. I do have to admit that I usually leave GPS off but its just so easy to turn back on the SG2

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
The 4S battery is fantastic. Apple says so,

Apple support told me just to turn of WiFi, Bluetooth, and Location services and my battery would last longer. Toggling those on and off is a breeze too.

You even get better battery life if you turn the screen brightness down to where you can't see it, even better battery life if you turn off the phone. sorry I am still an iPhone 3Gs user, but what a joke.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you will regret it. I am loving my larger screen, much faster performance and having haptic feedback as I type this message.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
Agreed. I was tired of squinting at my iPhone.
LOVE my GSII. Would only consider trading/selling it for a newer android-Galaxy Nexus/GS3.

rquinn19

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I was tired of squinting at my iPhone.
LOVE my GSII. Would only consider trading/selling it for a newer android-Galaxy Nexus/GS3.

I'm missing Android. Traded my SGS2 for the iPhone 4s only because my 30 days was coming up and I knew I didn't really want the SGS2 (SGS2 is not really special, it's good, not great). I want whatever the next big Android is and I figured a 32gb 4s will be at least an equal trade when that comes out. It's hard to argue with the resale value.

Patiently waiting for the Galaxy Nexus, Razor or Holiday.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought the same. Was a tough week with the iPhone 4s for me. Just too much I like about android. And the speed of the GS2 is ridiculous.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ha I just did the opposite, I just took back my iPhone 4s that I have enjoyed for the week and exchanged for the at&t galaxy s2 .. The S2 is much faster and battery life is almost the same (4s has terrible battery life compared to iPhone 4)

LOL, I think we've potentially quoted each other on TIPB forums or Macrumors forums about the 4S battery life or proximity sensor......

I too am disappointed in the 4S battery life.....its not even close to the iphone 4......funny thing is right before I got the 4S I was thinking, ya know, it would totally just suck to return the GSII only to find the 4S has the same or worse battery life as the GSII.....and that basically has happened!!!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I think we've potentially quoted each other on TIPB forums or Macrumors forums about the 4S battery life or proximity sensor......

I too am disappointed in the 4S battery life.....its not even close to the iphone 4......funny thing is right before I got the 4S I was thinking, ya know, it would totally just suck to return the GSII only to find the 4S has the same or worse battery life as the GSII.....and that basically has happened!!!

That is exactly what happened to me. I am much happier now with the GS2. Best buy seemed annoyed with the exchanges. If you decide to go back to the GS2, download smart keyboard from the market place. It will give you back a keyboard that works better than apples. The Samsung native keyboard is probably the only thing I didn't like stock on this device.

Edge1978

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
That is exactly what happened to me. I am much happier now with the GS2. Best buy seemed annoyed with the exchanges. If you decide to go back to the GS2, download smart keyboard from the market place. It will give you back a keyboard that works better than apples. The Samsung native keyboard is probably the only thing I didn't like stock on this device.

I can't remember if Iused Swift Key or Smart Keyboard. But when I had my Nexus S, i hated the default keyboard. All.of.mysentences looked.like this. So with either of the 2 I was able to expand the space bar and completely remove the period and comma. LOVED IT. Wish I could remember which one did it.

maquimike

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Coming up on my 30 days with GS2 after converting from iPhone4. No way I'm giving up the GS2 - after being an iPhone user for more years than I can count, I forgot how nice it is to be able CHANGE THE WAY THE PHONE LOOKS. :-!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember if Iused Swift Key or Smart Keyboard. But when I had my Nexus S, i hated the default keyboard. All.of.mysentences looked.like this. So with either of the 2 I was able to expand the space bar and completely remove the period and comma. LOVED IT. Wish I could remember which one did it.

Smart keyboard does allow you to get rid of the period and comma keys.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
And I couldn't be happier. The SGS2 had a sexy screen, but that was just about the only thing I really liked about it. The 4S is like getting back into bed with the best lover I ever had, and she's been working out like a maniac to get her body even tighter than before.

Au revoir and bon chance, gentlemen!

Speaking of lovers, my sg2 had pixelation issues, and my 4s didn't. It is more difficult for task to take time on a hot screen. :p

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am making the jump once my 4S comes in.
I have been an android user for quite a bit now and had a bunch of diff phones to experience. They are just getting a little old for me I guess. All hacked and rommed and such and although customizable, most of the customizations are shoddy and honestly I found stock is usually much better.

I have never been an Apple sheep and always made fun of them. I took my gf's Infuse back the other day and got a normal 4. After a few hours of playing with it she likes it better than android , I tinkered with it a bit and think its nice, but I need more seat time with it.
Not sure I will get that same affect and sure I will likely regret it, but Im in the mood to try some of the original coolaid I never dipped into yet and see what the hype is about.
Siri is mad cool, but past that its gonna be hard getting used to a much smaller phone.

Otherwise its compatible with everything under the sun like by double din in my car. Will feed nav to it and stream pandora and such. Even my bank has an iphone app. No chance in getting any love like that with Android unfortunately.

Too many sheep out there to argue with. If you cant beat em. . . join em. hahahahahah
We shall see how long it takes for me to come back..

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy your iPhone 4s. It is a fantastic device. I wish it would have worked better for me. I just missed the raw horsepower that the GS2 has. You will see what I mean by that after a few days.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Never had a 4, but my 4s never gets plugged in until I go to sleep. My days are usually 16-20 hours. That is plenty. The sgs2 actually had decent life as well, not as good, but I could always get 10-16 regularly on it. My Bionic was worse, and my droid x was even worse.

anon(62000)

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Lol seeing how you were an iPhone user, switching to Android... obviously you will love the iPhone 4S more than thee Android...

Not entirely true..... I came from an iPhone, and had the chance to get the 4S.... albeit I'd have a 3 week wait to get it. I decided to go with the Galaxy S II and there's no turning back now. I LOVE this phone, and Android didn't take long to get used to. Maybe I'll have another bout of indecision when the iPhone 5 actually appears, but until then no worries. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34