11-15-2011 01:08 PM
149 123 ...
tools
    And I couldn't be happier. The SGS2 had a sexy screen, but that was just about the only thing I really liked about it. The 4S is like getting back into bed with the best lover I ever had, and she's been working out like a maniac to get her body even tighter than before.

Au revoir and bon chance, gentlemen!
    BLOND37 likes this.
    10-14-2011 10:13 AM
    And I couldn't be happier. The SGS2 had a sexy screen, but that was just about the only thing I really liked about it. The 4S is like getting back into bed with the best lover I ever had, and she's been working out like a maniac to get her body even tighter than before.

Well yeah, it caught up to having features that other phones have had for over a year. Maybe by WWDC 2012 they'll have "revolutionary" widgets you can pick up in the app store and customize the proprietary notification pull down.
    10-14-2011 10:40 AM
    Lol seeing how you were an iPhone user, switching to Android... obviously you will love the iPhone 4S more than thee Android...
    10-14-2011 10:54 AM
    Enjoy it. Both are great phones, while being very different. To each their own...
    Edge1978 and BLOND37 like this.
    10-14-2011 10:55 AM
    If they do not get this lock screen issue fixed and get control of this AP mobile app hijacking my data plan, I might be with you and return my SGSII. My daughter is getting the new iphone but before that she upgraded her iphone 3GS to ios 5. No problems. Impressive that they support a 2 year old phone.
    10-14-2011 10:59 AM
    Moved from a nexus one to SGSII but never crossed my mind to switch to the iphone cos Android in my own opinion is like the greatest lover I would not even think of cheating on...Bon voyage
    10-14-2011 11:01 AM
    Moved from a nexus one to SGSII but never crossed my mind to switch to the iphone cos Android in my own opinion is like the greatest lover I would not even think of cheating on...Bon voyage
    You must like tiny lovers
    10-14-2011 11:10 AM
    Reggie likes this.
    10-14-2011 11:18 AM
    So other than you're inappropriate and unnatural love for the iPhone, what makes it better than the sg2? Serious question.
    10-14-2011 11:24 AM
    I took my GS2 back last night and will be getting the 4S. While I love what android has done with their OS and particularly the Google Voice integration, I just couldn't live with the GS2's battery life from what I was used to with iPhone.
    Both are incredible phones, though, and it is a great time to be a fan of smartphones in general.
    BLOND37 likes this.
    10-14-2011 11:35 AM
    Of course the iPhone is a better lover. She's been with a LOT of people besides you.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    10-14-2011 01:50 PM
    I've carried iphone and Android as well as playing with both the Galaxy S 2 and iphone 4s. I'm still not ready to go back to iPhone. Maybe when they get a larger screen and add actual home screen customization.....
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    10-14-2011 02:20 PM

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!
    10-14-2011 03:36 PM
    I took my GS2 back last night and will be getting the 4S. While I love what android has done with their OS and particularly the Google Voice integration, I just couldn't live with the GS2's battery life from what I was used to with iPhone.
    Both are incredible phones, though, and it is a great time to be a fan of smartphones in general.
    Wait, what?

I've been using iPhones since the 3gs and then moved onto the 4 at launch. Where is this better battery life you speak of? I had to charge my 4 at work daily just to use it through the day. Not the case with my GS2....

I don't know what magical battery you had in yours, but I can tell you this is the case with everyone I work with that has iphones as they were always begging for my charge cable.
    10-14-2011 03:44 PM
    Wait, what?

I've been using iPhones since the 3gs and then moved onto the 4 at launch. Where is this better battery life you speak of? I had to charge my 4 at work daily just to use it through the day. Not the case with my GS2....

I don't know what magical battery you had in yours, but I can tell you this is the case with everyone I work with that has iphones as they were always begging for my charge cable.
    I have the exact opposite experience that you had. Once I got to the iPhone 4 I was good with battery life. With the SGSII that I returned today, not so much. I agree on the 3/3GS though completely. I think it depends on usage patterns overall.

I tweaked both phones in the same manner (iphone 4/sgsii) and couldn't deal with how the SGSII performed battery wise based on my usage patterns. It's just not (Android in general) that power efficient yet. I think Google will figure it out down the road....and the answer isn't just bigger batteries

Overall, Android has a lot of features and customization available, but is definitely less polished overall.
    10-14-2011 04:00 PM
    Jefstead, I'm with you on this. I REALLY wanted to like the GSII, and I did, but battery life is at the top of my list, just in front of screen size.....so I headed back to the garden.....
    BLOND37 likes this.
    10-14-2011 04:05 PM
    speaking of tiny, how's that screen?
    10-14-2011 04:20 PM
    I went the other way. 3 years of iphones and now a gs2. I could never go back to that little baby screen. I cant see people in public places talking to their phones. Sounds obnoxious. As far as battery life goes i get about the same life.

sent by Megatron using Tapatalk
    Deenybird likes this.
    10-14-2011 04:21 PM
    I've carried iphone and Android as well as playing with both the Galaxy S 2 and iphone 4s. I'm still not ready to go back to iPhone. Maybe when they get a larger screen and add actual home screen customization.....
    This is basically where I'm at
    10-14-2011 05:43 PM
    Looks like the are plenty having battery issues since installing iOS5???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    10-14-2011 06:52 PM
    Good luck with your iPhone.:-) It's certainly a beautiful phone. I don't think you can go wrong with either phone. It was difficult for me to go from 2 days on a charge with my Blackberry, to 12 hours with my Infuse, but I gained something huge in the tradeoff. The Infuse actually works! I got 2 days on a charge with my BB because the thing barely worked lol. Anyway, glad you found the phone that works best for you. That's the most important thing.:-)
    10-14-2011 06:53 PM
    Is it OK that I use both an iPhone 4 (no reason to upgrade that to a 4S) and my new SGSII?

The SGS is definitely faster, and the larger screen makes it a better web browser for me.

But at the moment, I still like them both.

10-14-2011 08:14 PM
    Is it OK that I use both an iPhone 4 (no reason to upgrade that to a 4S) and my new SGSII?

The SGS is definitely faster, and the larger screen makes it a better web browser for me.

But at the moment, I still like them both.

Nothing wrong with that at all. I hope a firmware improves the battery life on the gsii so I can come back. It's definitely going to take some getting used to the smaller screen again!
    10-14-2011 09:36 PM
    I've been reading macrumors all day, doesn't sound like many are having a picnic over their either with the 4s.
    10-14-2011 10:36 PM
    The only thing I miss about iPhone is the appstore and it really pisses me off that I can't play my Gameloft games on GS2.
    10-15-2011 12:28 AM
149 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD