Does your S II get hot?

nobodyisherenow

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,
I'm new to the forum as I just got my galaxy S II about a week ago. I was just wondering if anyone's phone starts to get hot after about 20-30 minutes of use (games, internet, texting, etc)? My phone tends to get slightly warm towards top behind the phone when I'm holding it. Should there be cause for concern?
Also looking for a good, slim, hard case with good screen protector. I see most people are suggesting SGP. Anyone else have suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks everyone!

jSiLeNt619

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Also looking for a good, slim, hard case with good screen protector. I see most people are suggesting SGP. Anyone else have suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks everyone!

I like the screen protector Steinheil ultra oleophobic. As for the case, I bought the case mate barely there brush aluminum, should get here pretty soon. I heard good reviews about it.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine used to get hot... I turned off my Exchange push mail and set it to poll every couple hours and so far so good. My battery life was abysmal until then as well. So, if you are pulling lots of email or other network traffic, check those settings as they may help...

Taveras Martin

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,
I'm new to the forum as I just got my galaxy S II about a week ago. I was just wondering if anyone's phone starts to get hot after about 20-30 minutes of use (games, internet, texting, etc)? My phone tends to get slightly warm towards top behind the phone when I'm holding it. Should there be cause for concern?

Thanks everyone!

ads

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't have an SGSII yet, but my SGSI captivate gets significantly warmer at certain times; I'd expect it is purely a function of battery use, so if you are doing heavy usage AND you have a poor signal you're working everything that takes energy pretty hard. In this case, heat goes up, battery life goes quicker, simply a matter of energy use in a battery.

ADS

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

Thanks everyone!

It has a paper thin battery door, getting a little warm is to be expected I think.

titan87

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes. This periodically happens to me (about once or twice a month). Using os monitor, it seems that vlingo takes up about 40-50% of cpu time. killing the process doesn't seem to help 'coz it just respawns). Only a reboot helps me. It doesn't just warm, but hot and battery drains like crazy! The 2.3.3 update doesn't help.

gsainath4u

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have observed that my GSII get hot below the camera area, after playing graphics intensive games.
Other that such times, I have never felt it become warm.

There is nothing to worry, if your phone gets a bit warm/hot occasionally when you play games. But I think texting and listening to music should not make the device warm.

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
even an xbox 360 gets hot when you play games, and thats what it was designed for. your phone is going to get hot when you play games. i can feel mine get hot right under the camera and under the earpiece.

dpmarsola

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I have mine for 4 months now (I?m fro Brazil and they launched here first)... and I noticed that it gets warm sometimes around the camera area.

I try to force close some applications/services... sometimes it works sometimes it doesn?t.

I noticed that usually is because it?s trying to update or sync something....

When I use heavy processing apps it heats up too!

Unfortunetly it seems to be a "normal" thing for SGSII users!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I have observed that my GSII get hot below the camera area, after playing graphics intensive games.
Other that such times, I have never felt it become warm.

There is nothing to worry, if your phone gets a bit warm/hot occasionally when you play games. But I think texting and listening to music should not make the device warm.

Exactly, whenever the processor or the cellular radio does a lot of work it gets hot. As long as it is not so hot it hurts your hand you're good.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
i am pretty sure it is not the proc getting hot but the gpu. i would have to look at the specs but i am pretty sure these devices have a standalone gpu like a pc. if it is from nvidia, they are known for heating up while gaming or while doing any other type of gpu intensive activity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC