i do not recommend amazon 9 dollar tpu cases

pairenoid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I AM DISSAPOINT! i knew they were made to fit more than one version hence the random open slots on the side, but the fit is far from perfect

its easiest to tell when looking at the camera slot, it just doesnt line up, and the worst is when i charge it the usb easily falls out

i can see this being a problem with my car charger i just bought(ugh), the WORST is the volume side. Why even cover it if every other button/port has an opening

it feels horrible when changing volume because its like pushing it through a pillow

even for 9 dollars i wish i spent an extra 10 and got different brand name, i only bought it because of the positive reviews here :(, tbh money was not even a big issue it was just i thought i would be getting the a 10 dollar product that is as good as a 30 dollar one

BugDad25

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I would also prefer the volume button to be open but I can live with that and otherwise mine if just fine. The fit is perfect and the camera opening is spot on. Maybe you should request a replacement, I understand their customer support is very responsive.

Mikegrann

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I DO recommend amazon 9 dollar tpu cases

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. I have absolutely no problems charging with the USB (though I must stipulate that I do not use any docks). The holes all seem well cut and I have full access to everything on the phone. The only excess hole is on the left side above the volume rocker; it's not as if this case is riddled with superfluous holes.

In contrast, the case has many pros. The material is great and adds grip to the phone while still being slick enough to easily slip in and out of the pocket. The case is both thin and light; unlike other cases, which destroy one of the main draws of the phone, the TPU cases are barely noticeable. Yet, despite its slender form, it's already saved me plenty of scuffs and bumps. Plus, I'm no longer afraid to set my phone down now that both my camera and screen are protected.

The cost and customer service are top-notch as well. For such an inexpensive case, I expected to have to make concessions and to have some disappointments. This case is great despite the price point, and I would have been willing to spend even more for it. In addition, one person had posted a poor review on Amazon, complaining that his case didn't fit and the lower right corner was warped; TPU sent him a new one free of charge and he changed his rating to 5 stars. If that's not good customer service, I'm not sure what is.

I'm not trying to say that the case is perfect, though. I'm sure a larger case would provide better protection, though at the cost of bulk (which is a major demerit in my eyes). I have also noticed that the speaker hole doesn't line up perfectly, though it doesn't cover the speaker or inhibit its performance whatsoever. The only complaint I really have would be the volume rocker. In that regard, I agree with the original poster; it is annoying having the rocker covered, and it makes it a bit difficult to use. Still, this isn't too major for me, and won't stop me from giving this case 4.5 stars.

pairenoid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
i dont know which ones you guys got, but i got the 9 dollar case with a design on the back like flanel

i dont know about PERFECT fit, its 95% perfect, but enough to bug me

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the black one, while it is not perfect, it works. My only downside is that the black scratches up very easily, but for $ 9, it is better then messing the phone up, the charge port is fine for the stock samsung cable, but the motorola micro usb adapter, it interferes going in all the way but no problems with these charging and using mass storage mode on the phone, just does not seat all the way. I am wanting an otterbox but according to otterbox's site the i9100 case that they have will not work with the i777, so I am waiting until they make one for the i777.

HTH,
Charlie

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
i recommend it~! unless ure using an after market micro usb plug, this thing fit nicely. and feels great =)

BugDad25

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
We may have a different TCP phone. Mine is "TPU-Cases Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S II (Model SGH-i777) **ONLY FOR AT&T VERSION** (TPU-Cases Retail Packaging)" for $9.90.

I would not say the back is like flanel and the fit is about perfect, no give or movement once on phone at all.

dingbat005

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I like the case, but i will admit i have had similar problems... my old BB chargers wouldn't fit, and i just went to plug in a 3.5mm jack to run into my car's aux and it wouldn't go in all the way either. but for 9 bux, i took a sharp pair of scissors and just "expanded" the existing holes a bit... its not the prettiest, but until a case i like enough to spend 30 bux on comes out, it does the trick and its only really noticeable if you are looking closely.

sailador

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of those 9 dollars tpu case from amazon. It does the job but it is ugly as sin. I then bought another case called ringke from rearth. This case is awesome. It makes my phone looks so damn sexy lol

KeiranSolaris

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I bought 2 of the TPU cases from Amazon, a matte grey one and a glossy black. Definitely prefer the matte finished one. It fits the phone a little better and has a better grip to it. My wife likes her glossy black but I noticed it doesn't fit as snugly and the plastic creaks a little when you grasp it. Didn't put the screen protectors on so can't comment on them. Will probably replace mine with an otterbox whenever they make one specifically for the AT&T variant.

78Staff

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of those 9 dollars tpu case from amazon. It does the job but it is ugly as sin. I then bought another case called ringke from rearth. This case is awesome. It makes my phone looks so damn sexy lol

I picked up the translucent smoke version, don't really dig the color, the one I wanted was not in stock. Anyway, it's only ok - but for $9 bucks can't complain to much. It kinda feels weird, spongy but slick at the same time. Also seems a bit loose.

Went back to the black/leather back case from AT&T for now. What I really want is a split case like I had for my 3GS - where the lower part slide off so you can stick it in a dock without having to pull the whole case on and off every time...

I also bought the EVO dock, which works great so far - although basically I only use it for charging on my nightstand - don't use for data xfer or sync.

Last edited:

koireef

May 20, 2011
Visit site
also a little disappointed in the case. I bought the glossy black one. The fit was a little loose. But, for 9 dollars, its ok. I ordered the Seidio case yesterday to replace this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy