First off let me start by saying at first the battery on my samsung gs2 wasn't all that great. Being that i have been an iPhone user since day one i was always used to fairly good battery life and even great battery life on my iPhone 4 i was able to get 16 plus hours of use and that was perfect. At first i was getting about 12 hours of battery out of the box with my samsung gs2 ( not all that bad considering some android phones have HORRIBLE battery life). After doing a couple of charge cycles my battery started to get better and better, went from 12 to 14 hours then 14 to 16 house then 16 to 18 hours... well now I'm getting just under 26 hours of battery life (3 days in a row now) !! I can not be happier with this phone and I'm so glad i made the switch, ill be honest i was a lithe nervous at first but at this point in time i can't see my self going back anytime soon !!! Thats all figured i would share with you guys.
    10-16-2011 01:20 PM
    First off let me start by saying at first the battery on my samsung gs2 wasn't all that great. Being that i have been an iPhone user since day one i was always used to fairly good battery life and even great battery life on my iPhone 4 i was able to get 16 plus hours of use and that was perfect. At first i was getting about 12 hours of battery out of the box with my samsung gs2 ( not all that bad considering some android phones have HORRIBLE battery life). After doing a couple of charge cycles my battery started to get better and better, went from 12 to 14 hours then 14 to 16 house then 16 to 18 hours... well now I'm getting just under 26 hours of battery life (3 days in a row now) !! I can not be happier with this phone and I'm so glad i made the switch, ill be honest i was a lithe nervous at first but at this point in time i can't see my self going back anytime soon !!! Thats all figured i would share with you guys.
    Shows you didn't have cell signal for a significant period of time.....you turn your phone on airplane mode?
    10-16-2011 02:03 PM
    no not at all? i had a signal the whole day i was text messaging through out the day. i believe the lighter yellow is just a weak signal not that i didn't have one.

you can even see in the picture i had a cell signal but it was only two bars, hence the lighter color yellow.
    10-16-2011 02:08 PM
    my battery is getting more consistent and im in the same boat as u
    this was my first smart phone and i was wary of the battery, but reviews said otherwise

at first i was beyond dissapointed but now i can go a day without charging if i try to make it last

last night i was using gps for 2 hours, browsing, facebook all night, it still lasted like 8 hours, forgot to mention i made 6, 1 minute videos and took several pictures (was at a show and really wanted to test the vid, 1 word, AMAZING)
    10-16-2011 02:30 PM
    my battery is getting more consistent and im in the same boat as u
    this was my first smart phone and i was wary of the battery, but reviews said otherwise

at first i was beyond dissapointed but now i can go a day without charging if i try to make it last

last night i was using gps for 2 hours, browsing, facebook all night, it still lasted like 8 hours, forgot to mention i made 6, 1 minute videos and took several pictures (was at a show and really wanted to test the vid, 1 word, AMAZING)
    Thats awesome... What about your charging times? i noticed that got a lot better as well with me, it takes me about 1 to 2 hours to completely charge from 10 to 20 percent of battery left
    10-16-2011 03:25 PM
    I'm highly jealous of your battery life......if I had that every day I'd still have my gsii......you can see my thread with my "off battery" time as well as graphs and whats using the battery percentages...just search the forum for battery life.....curious how you have tweaked your phone to get such great battery life? Care to share? Also share what types of accounts you have as well.
    10-16-2011 03:59 PM
    i have no idea what my charge time is but in 1-2 hours i can get enough maybe from 20-70%
    10-16-2011 04:35 PM
    I'm highly jealous of your battery life......if I had that every day I'd still have my gsii......you can see my thread with my "off battery" time as well as graphs and whats using the battery percentages...just search the forum for battery life.....curious how you have tweaked your phone to get such great battery life? Care to share? Also share what types of accounts you have as well.

I don't mind sharing I figured someone would ask that. For the Widgets I have the accu weather, digital clock, Facebook, pandora & slacker widget. As for as tweaking I have mail and Facebook to auto update every 4 hours which to me is no problem I'm used to that with the iPhone cause they didn't update until you opened them also hearing the notification sound every 10 mins is annoying . I have the accuweather widget to never auto refresh I just hit the little refresh button every few hours. Brightness I always have at about 40% sometimes higher. Wifi off unless there's a network, GPS off unless needed. One thing I did that I think worked the best which is kinda of odd cause it did the complete opposite was I turned off power saving mode. And That's pretty much it, I didn't read the thread but that sucks you had a bad experiance with the battery. Did you maybe consider replacing it? Maybe you had a defective unit?
    10-16-2011 06:11 PM
    Shows you didn't have cell signal for a significant period of time.....you turn your phone on airplane mode?
    ive noticed signal status reporting has been flakey. even though i ride 3-5 bars consistantly my signal bar on battery usage can show i had weak signal the majority of the time.
    10-17-2011 11:01 AM
    ive noticed signal status reporting has been flakey. even though i ride 3-5 bars consistantly my signal bar on battery usage can show i had weak signal the majority of the time.
    Thats what I've been noticing as well, i know i don't have a weak signal ALL the time but on the battery usage it shows i had a weak signal for almost the entire time. Its probably just a bug.
    10-17-2011 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD