Any word on the real reason why AT&T doesnt have the SII in store

duncanator

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any word on the real reason why AT&T doesnt have the SII in s

I went in to three AT&T corporate stores in the Sacramento area and none of them carry it and it is not on display anywhere. As far as they are concerned, it doesn't exist. When you ask them why, they don't really give an answer because I honestly think that they don't know. They know of the phone, but say they don't know when they will get them in or be able to sell them.

When I was talking to an authorized AT&T re-seller, he said that they won't get any until mid-November. He didn't know why either but was told it had something to do with problems with the device in the area. I don't buy that but that was his guess.

I then went across the street to best buy and picked one up. Too bad they don't carry any accessories for it yet.

What is up with CA?

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

We have them here at my store(Pa) . If they have not fixed the lock screen issue, that would be a good reason to pull them off the shelves.:-\

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

I went in to three AT&T corporate stores in the Sacramento area and none of them carry it and it is not on display anywhere. As far as they are concerned, it doesn't exist. When you ask them why, they don't really give an answer because I honestly think that they don't know. They know of the phone, but say they don't know when they will get them in or be able to sell them.

When I was talking to an authorized AT&T re-seller, he said that they won't get any until mid-November. He didn't know why either but was told it had something to do with problems with the device in the area. I don't buy that but that was his guess.

I then went across the street to best buy and picked one up. Too bad they don't carry any accessories for it yet.

What is up with CA?

Well the store should allow you to buy one and have it shipped to your door but what is crappy about that it takes 3 - 4 days before it shows up, shipping out of Texas. I ordered mine on 10/6/2011 and it was at my house on 10/11/2011 in usps priority and on the 10/7/2011 my sister pre-ordered the iphone 4s and it arrived on launch day with it being sent overnight via fed ex. Oh well I have my phone and love it when the 8 different corporate stores from San Luis Obispo throught Thousand Oaks do not carry this phone but in San Diego they do lol.

HTH,
Charlie

kaede177

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Well the store should allow you to buy one and have it shipped to your door but what is crappy about that it takes 3 - 4 days before it shows up, shipping out of Texas. I ordered mine on 10/6/2011 and it was at my house on 10/11/2011 in usps priority and on the 10/7/2011 my sister pre-ordered the iphone 4s and it arrived on launch day with it being sent overnight via fed ex. Oh well I have my phone and love it when the 8 different corporate stores from San Luis Obispo throught Thousand Oaks do not carry this phone but in San Diego they do lol.

HTH,
Charlie

I also thought of going to see if I can order it seeing as my captivate coincidentally started acting funny over the weekend. But I thought to myself, maybe I should wait until it drops to 99 because all these other smartphones are coming out right now. My captivate also had a price drop 1 month after I got it.
I think I'll factory reset my phone first to see I'd I can buy some more time. Maybe Android central can do some research and shed some light on this issue with an article lol

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site

We have them here at my store(Pa) . If they have not fixed the lock screen issue, that would be a good reason to pull them off the shelves.:-\

Really? Jeezus, come on! It's not that huge of a deal and there is a more than simple workaround....thats NOT a good reason, period.

njr

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Hey guys sorry to disappoint but no conspiracy theory. Corporate stores in select areas of the country will not be carrying certain devices now because other devices will be coming out soon that will better serve those areas....;)

maquimike

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I bought an SII in-store from AT&T in Redmond, WA on Oct. 15th. And they had no stock of iPhone 4S. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae