Restoring from a ROM

BuddhaMunx

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I of course have CWM on my phone and made a nandroid backup on my phone. I am using a ROM based off of stock named Unnamed 1.0.1, I got it on XDA. My question is how can I restore back the bone stock ROM, I have the stock kernal already, just curious about reversing the custom ROM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
That link I posted has the stock system image, the "ROM" as you call it. If you flash that with heimdall (heimdall flash --factoryfs factoryfs.img) then you will have a completely stock phone. If you don't want it to be rooted then just download the non-root version.

Edit: Glad you figured it out. Did you end up doing what I just said?

sailador

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I didn't mean the kernel, I meant an actual ROM, I figured it out on my own anyways.

Bake already told you the correct method to returning to stock. I dont see how you can return to original stock with a rom since you never made a backup of the original rom in the first place.

BuddhaMunx

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I actually wound up using CWM to revert back, I used my nandroid backup I made before flashing the ROM to restore back to stock. I just didn't know if I needed to wipe any data, that's why I was hesitant. I searched Google on how to restore with a nandroid backup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2