12-17-2011 03:10 PM
38 12
    i need help finding the screen size comparition border to border of both the nexus and the galaxy s2
    If you look at the dimensions of the of the Nexus, they have basically put a 4.6" display in a 4.3" housing. The width of the handset is 2.67 vs. 2.60 on the ATT SG2. It narrower than any other SG2 varient; also narrower than the Infuse. The difference is in the height. It's 5.35 " tall vs. 4.96" on the ATT SG2. Can't speak to the actual border around the screen but I don't think there is much on either unit.

For me this slight difference is worth waiting to see how it is in person. If rumors hold true, it only few weeks away, for Verizon anyway. That's also assuming the US versions stay the same. The SG2 is a great phone and I personally think the ATT version is best out there due to form factor. However the Nexus does have some features worth checking out.
    licjesusr likes this.
    10-20-2011 06:33 AM
    Its the Verizon version free of bootware?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    10-20-2011 05:10 PM
    Specs are listed as this:

"Network: HSPA+ 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps 850/900/1900/1700/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900"

Does that mean there is a single version of the phone that is fully compatible with BOTH AT&T and T-Mobile 3G/4G bands? That would be quite nice... buy it unlocked unsubsidized and have the option to switch between AT&T and T-Mobile at essentially no cost.

Or will there be two different GSM versions?
    My T Mobile Blackbery used to roam between the two..it could use GSM as a usable band..My Gal SII will show a full signal thats completely unusable now..WHY? the tower identifies as ATT but I cant even roam to it or send a TXT what happened to to T-mob customers being able to use signal from ATT just like Alltel customers used to share off VZW's towers before they merged?
    Im curious myself I got the SII the day T-mob unveiled it but I was assured the VZW nexus was the SAME phone pretty much..From the specs I really cant see any reason that makes the Nexus better than the SII..I think they are pretty much sisters of one and the same..Galaxy SII was the trial for the new gen. of the Hardware over the Galaxy and the Nexus is the trial of the software with ICS on it but on the tried SII software from all I saw,....
    12-10-2011 12:46 PM
    12-10-2011 12:53 PM
    the camera on the nexus is only 5MP as opposed to S2's 8MP. I think the S2 is a perfectly good phone. It's thin, light, and slightly bigger (without being too big) than most phones. It has a dual processor. I'm happy with it and will stick with it for a while. I just need to find a hard, thin case and screen protector for my S2.
    they have them at the T-mob store where Im at..I have the BodyGlove case for my SII and they have a LIFETIME screen protector..I just use the stickies and replace them when they get old..but the Bodyglove case with the clip does make an already big phone bigger though
    12-10-2011 12:56 PM
    I like this thread. I am in the same boat. Just purchased my SG2 yesterday but what's the point in buying a new phone if the Nexus is better? If they have an unlocked sim phone, I wouldn't really know what to do.

Both are a step up from my iPhone!
    iPhlop or FONE as some say it is getting left behind so bad..Does Apple really think they can just stick with some older small screen phone that is a slave to apple and continue the sales just becase they TELL the KIDS its cool..Its all new age because its APPLE and other people just dont get that its cool..when in reality its just old junk?
    All I can say is
    12-10-2011 01:05 PM
    Specs don't matter. Watch any hands on video of the nexus and look at how smooth it is. It's a step up from the sgs II. The CPU has never been in any phone before, so you can't say its not as fast. The GPU is still good, and it's clocked higher than it was in the sgs.

Plus ICS has hardware acceleration which means that the phone should be smooth.

And megapixels aren't the whole story with a camera. Early reports are that the camera rocks.

And then there's the display. That by itself sold me. As long as there aren't any glaring issues I'm going to try and get it.

Sent from my SGS II
    After actually using a Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) for about 15-20 min tonight...I gotta say I don't think its all that.

It's not "that smooth".....feels like a skyrocket rather than the GSII.

The camera isn't as good as the GSII or iphone 4S either...but the rapid pics option is nice.

The display though, yeah, love it....although it's gonna turn more than a few people off because of how big it is.....

I think overall most of us were in the clouds with the Galaxy Nexus....I'd definitely make my way to a Verizon store to use it and take a look when trying to actually compare.
    12-12-2011 08:24 PM
    If you have to think about it. Stick with what you have. I was considering a nexus but im kind of turned offf from it because its only available on verizon at this time unless i pay 700 bucks for it. but i could just spend 500 on an unlocked s2 and get the same performance. Then just put a ICS rom on the gs2 and what would i be missing? nothing

IMO GS2 is the better value. unless you have to have a lag free camera the galaxy nexus is not worth having until the price drops (off contract price i mean).
    12-17-2011 11:43 AM
    I really don't want to sound like an apple fanboy, but I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with the galaxy s series for some time. Had the captivate for over a year, loved it. Upgraded to the s2 in October. Samsung could take 2 years before they release the s3 and I'll be perfectly content to wait.

I'm sure the nexus is an amazing phone. I'd like to get my hands on it in the next day or two and check it out. But it's not about what's under the hood for me. In 3 months, there's going to be a better performing phone out there. There's people here on this forum who are so wrapped up in having the best that's out there, and that's cool. I'd be flat broke though if I thought like that though. I found my nitch and that's the galaxy series.
    12-17-2011 12:09 PM
    I just want the nexus because of the notification light :-)
    12-17-2011 12:18 PM
    I just want the nexus because of the notification light :-)
    True that. It's the little things, isn't it?
    12-17-2011 12:33 PM
    True that. It's the little things, isn't it?
    Sure is, nice feature to have.
    12-17-2011 03:06 PM
    The Nexus is all that. Sexy curved glass with ICS. Doesnt get better. Stay away second had skin/bloat flat phones.
    12-17-2011 03:10 PM
38 12