12-17-2011 03:10 PM
38 12
tools
    My original plan was to exchange my GS2 for an iPhone 4S.. then sell it, and buy the Galaxy Nexus/Nexus Prime when it came out. However, after looking at the specs of the Nexus... I feel like other than ICS, it's a complete sidegrade.

I imagine Cyanogen will have ICS available for the GS2 pretty quickly, so now I'm thinking that I should just keep my GS2.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    10-18-2011 09:35 AM
    Is the nexus definitely coming to AT&T, or are you buying off contract?
    10-18-2011 09:43 AM
    if that leak is real then I think i am gonna keep my s2. I dont see much of an upgrade between the two
    10-18-2011 09:53 AM
    well we still got a few hours before seeing the confirmed specs....so dont be in a rush to decide yet.
    10-18-2011 09:55 AM
    I was going to buy it off-contract with iPhone 4S sale money.
    10-18-2011 09:56 AM
    I was going to buy it off-contract with iPhone 4S sale money.
    Off contract for the nexus prime gonna be around 600 bucks before tax. You think you can get that much for that 4s?
    10-18-2011 09:58 AM
    Probably could get that much. The 4S sells for more than the GS2. But if I did it I was just going to pay whatever the difference was.
    10-18-2011 10:03 AM
    Is the Nexus coming to ATT? I thought it was exclusive to Verizon to start?
    10-18-2011 10:05 AM
    Verizon exclusivity is the prevailing rumor.
    10-18-2011 10:18 AM
    I was thinking along the same lines and finally decided the galaxy s was the way to go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    10-18-2011 11:28 AM
    I'm pretty sure they Google will sell a global GSM unlocked version.
    10-18-2011 10:13 PM
    They did say a HSDA+ device would be available. I'm assuming that's international.

Personally, I find 4.3" at my upper limits for one-handed usability. 4.65" sounds sweet for movies, but I'll pass.
    10-18-2011 10:47 PM
    WTF are they using a 4yr old GPU in a phone like this?
    10-18-2011 10:48 PM
    I like this thread. I am in the same boat. Just purchased my SG2 yesterday but what's the point in buying a new phone if the Nexus is better? If they have an unlocked sim phone, I wouldn't really know what to do.

Both are a step up from my iPhone!
    10-19-2011 12:08 AM
    I like this thread. I am in the same boat. Is the Nexus better than the SG2?
    10-19-2011 12:11 AM
    Hardware wise the biggest advantage to the Galaxy Nexus is the larger and higher resolution screen, with that said I am perfectly happy with the GS2
    10-19-2011 08:50 AM
    OK....I have to ask, who is making the jump to Galaxy Nexus??? Seriously, other than the higher resolution screen and ICS, nothing really impress me on the GN.

That being said, I love some of the features they added into ICS....not so much for the overall look of it.
    10-19-2011 08:59 AM
    OK....I have to ask, who is making the jump to Galaxy Nexus??? Seriously, other than the higher resolution screen and ICS, nothing really impress me on the GN.

That being said, I love some of the features they added into ICS....not so much for the overall look of it.
    I am confused..I love my S2 but the Galaxy Nexus is damn tempting. I probably end up just buying the freaking Nexus off contract and I have both lol
    10-19-2011 09:41 AM
    Specs are listed as this:

"Network: HSPA+ 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps 850/900/1900/1700/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900"

Does that mean there is a single version of the phone that is fully compatible with BOTH AT&T and T-Mobile 3G/4G bands? That would be quite nice... buy it unlocked unsubsidized and have the option to switch between AT&T and T-Mobile at essentially no cost.

Or will there be two different GSM versions?
    10-19-2011 09:46 AM
    I like this thread. I am in the same boat. Just purchased my SG2 yesterday but what's the point in buying a new phone if the Nexus is better? If they have an unlocked sim phone, I wouldn't really know what to do.

Both are a step up from my iPhone!
    And in two months there will be a better phone than the nexus. Just stick with a phone and enjoy it.
    TwinSac likes this.
    10-19-2011 10:11 AM
    the camera on the nexus is only 5MP as opposed to S2's 8MP. I think the S2 is a perfectly good phone. It's thin, light, and slightly bigger (without being too big) than most phones. It has a dual processor. I'm happy with it and will stick with it for a while. I just need to find a hard, thin case and screen protector for my S2.
    10-19-2011 11:33 AM
    Specs don't matter. Watch any hands on video of the nexus and look at how smooth it is. It's a step up from the sgs II. The CPU has never been in any phone before, so you can't say its not as fast. The GPU is still good, and it's clocked higher than it was in the sgs.

Plus ICS has hardware acceleration which means that the phone should be smooth.

And megapixels aren't the whole story with a camera. Early reports are that the camera rocks.

And then there's the display. That by itself sold me. As long as there aren't any glaring issues I'm going to try and get it.

Sent from my SGS II
    10-19-2011 11:44 AM
    Specs don't matter. Watch any hands on video of the nexus and look at how smooth it is. It's a step up from the sgs II. The CPU has never been in any phone before, so you can't say its not as fast. The GPU is still good, and it's clocked higher than it was in the sgs.

Plus ICS has hardware acceleration which means that the phone should be smooth.

And megapixels aren't the whole story with a camera. Early reports are that the camera rocks.

And then there's the display. That by itself sold me. As long as there aren't any glaring issues I'm going to try and get it.

Sent from my SGS II
    +1

I love my SGSII, which is exactly why I'll be getting the Nexus off contract. The Nexus is basically like the Galaxy 2.5 and display is HUGE for me. My old lady will love the GSII just as much as I do so no waste here.
    10-19-2011 11:50 AM
    The lack of an SD slot is a dealbreaker for me.

Well, that and the two-year contract I just signed.
    dingbat005 likes this.
    10-19-2011 10:26 PM
    My original plan was to exchange my GS2 for an iPhone 4S.. then sell it, and buy the Galaxy Nexus/Nexus Prime when it came out. However, after looking at the specs of the Nexus... I feel like other than ICS, it's a complete sidegrade.

I imagine Cyanogen will have ICS available for the GS2 pretty quickly, so now I'm thinking that I should just keep my GS2.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

i need help finding the screen size comparition border to border of both the nexus and the galaxy s2
    10-19-2011 11:47 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD