SEIDIO Cases

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I got mine about a week ago and it is as I expected. I had the combo with my iPhone 3GS and wanted the same for my Samsung Galaxy S II. The case is even better in that it slides on and off very easy but is secure. Which is great since I like to change batteries and use it on my car mount. No cases will fit the car mounts or the desk mount for that matter. It is a little harder then the TPU case I have, and it has that little notch above the volume control, only good for the International version. Same as the TPU case. I wonder if this one might fit that or is something that the case manufactures don't realize the difference. The holster will even accept my TPU case, since I got the combo that is not an issue for me, but if you want a holster only and have a slim case already this might work. Compared to my 3GS holster this one is a tad thicker. But it is in no way intrusive. It just works, since I hate to have a phone in my pocket. Great quality. One issue that I have is if your using headphones or one of those audio cables for your car stereo, make sure the connector is thin. The opening for the 3.5mm jack is rather small. The connector will only go so far before it gets obstructed by the case. I pick up one of those Audio/Mic adapter for my cable I already have. Seidio Audio Adapter with Mic 3.5mm Male to 3.5mm Female at MobileCityOnline.com
Hope that helps.

excberry

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I got mine about a week ago and it is as I expected. I had the combo with my iPhone 3GS and wanted the same for my Samsung Galaxy S II. The case is even better in that it slides on and off very easy but is secure. Which is great since I like to change batteries and use it on my car mount. No cases will fit the car mounts or the desk mount for that matter. It is a little harder then the TPU case I have, and it has that little notch above the volume control, only good for the International version. Same as the TPU case. I wonder if this one might fit that or is something that the case manufactures don't realize the difference. The holster will even accept my TPU case, since I got the combo that is not an issue for me, but if you want a holster only and have a slim case already this might work. Compared to my 3GS holster this one is a tad thicker. But it is in no way intrusive. It just works, since I hate to have a phone in my pocket. Great quality. One issue that I have is if your using headphones or one of those audio cables for your car stereo, make sure the connector is thin. The opening for the 3.5mm jack is rather small. The connector will only go so far before it gets obstructed by the case. I pick up one of those Audio/Mic adapter for my cable I already have. Seidio Audio Adapter with Mic 3.5mm Male to 3.5mm Female at MobileCityOnline.com
Hope that helps.

It accepts the TPU case like the one seen here? Any concerns while using the TPU case? Is it really secure? I'm desperately looking for a holster!

Can you fit the surface case face out? Can you fit the TPU case face out? Any issues with both scenarios (fit, etc)? Thanks a bunch-- your input you help me decide if I get the holster or combo!

:)

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine came in the mail yesterday. The only question I have is how close the slide stays on your case? When I close mine there is a little gap between the 2 slide pieces. Not like the thickness of a penny or anything but enough to really know its there.

Other than that it looks good and the fit is tight. It does stink though but I am sure that will wear off in my pocket.:mad::)

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
There is a hairline gap like you said, all the more reason I think they assumed that the International version and the AT&T version was the same. The AT&T version is slightly taller and thicker. I don't notice any thickness deviation in the case, just that slight hairline gap. Even with that said, the upper half underlaps the bottom half and clips on so it ain't going anywhere.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
It accepts the TPU case like the one seen here? Any concerns while using the TPU case? Is it really secure? I'm desperately looking for a holster!

Can you fit the surface case face out? Can you fit the TPU case face out? Any issues with both scenarios (fit, etc)? Thanks a bunch-- your input you help me decide if I get the holster or combo!

:)

That is the exact TPU case I got before I purchased the combo. It fits perfectly with the case inwards but not facing out due to the bump at the bottom of the phone. Besides the holster was designed with the phone facing inward to protect the screen.

excberry

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
That is the exact TPU case I got before I purchased the combo. It fits perfectly with the case inwards but not facing out due to the bump at the bottom of the phone. Besides the holster was designed with the phone facing inward to protect the screen.

Right on. Thank you. My screen has a scratch protector film on it, but my camera is naked. I like to put my phone in my backpack sometimes but I'm scared that the camera will get scratched. Also, I'd like the ability to quickly glance at the phone on my hip instead of taking it out of the holster to look at it. A face-out holster would solve these issues.

My 3GS camera is still brand new cause of my face out holster. It's screen is mint cause it has a film protector. I wish Seidio would make a face-out holster (nudge-nudge).

azelaya84

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
OMG Seidio shipping is slow...still no case :(:(:(

yes they def are I ordered my case 2 days ago and had to write to them to see what the status was on my order. It seems like they lost it cuz she couldn't track it down and when she finally did she said I should get get an email soon and when I did the bottom "REPLACEMENT FOR MISSING ITEM, BROKEN ITEM OR DEFECTIVE ITEM"

78Staff

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
yes they def are I ordered my case 2 days ago and had to write to them to see what the status was on my order. It seems like they lost it cuz she couldn't track it down and when she finally did she said I should get get an email soon and when I did the bottom "REPLACEMENT FOR MISSING ITEM, BROKEN ITEM OR DEFECTIVE ITEM"

Yeah I'm going on 9 days now, still no case. Lesson learned, never choose free shipping option from Seidio.

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Right on. Thank you. My screen has a scratch protector film on it, but my camera is naked. I like to put my phone in my backpack sometimes but I'm scared that the camera will get scratched. Also, I'd like the ability to quickly glance at the phone on my hip instead of taking it out of the holster to look at it. A face-out holster would solve these issues.

My 3GS camera is still brand new cause of my face out holster. It's screen is mint cause it has a film protector. I wish Seidio would make a face-out holster (nudge-nudge).

If preserving your camera lens is a concern and you want a Seidio case, your best choice is the Convert. With the full case combination installed, it has a camera lens cover. Yes, it is a bulkier case when fully installed, but it is darn near bullet-proof. With the paper-thin profile of the GS2, even with a full Convert on it, it shouldn't be a brick to carry, you can still holster it face-in to protect the screen and the lens cover will protect the camera. In my line of work, aviation maintenance, a Convert is the only way to go.

excberry

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
If preserving your camera lens is a concern and you want a Seidio case, your best choice is the Convert. With the full case combination installed, it has a camera lens cover. Yes, it is a bulkier case when fully installed, but it is darn near bullet-proof. With the paper-thin profile of the GS2, even with a full Convert on it, it shouldn't be a brick to carry, you can still holster it face-in to protect the screen and the lens cover will protect the camera. In my line of work, aviation maintenance, a Convert is the only way to go.

Yeah, I'd do that, but it looks like the Convert won't be coming to the GSII--even the international version doesn't have it. =/

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine on a Thursday and had it in hand by Tuesday.
The stink finally went away too. Phone now smells normal.

Also 20% code for today is treat11

Just got an email.

78Staff

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine on a Thursday and had it in hand by Tuesday.
The stink finally went away too. Phone now smells normal.

Also 20% code for today is treat11

Just got an email.

Frick you have to be kidding me. I'm up to 11 days I think. I called them all they can say is it shipped...

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
The lack of any kind of tracking stinks for their free shipping. I would call them back if you don't have it. No way it should take USPS that long to deliver it.

78Staff

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I've talked to them twice. We are up to 14 days total, 10 of which are USPS working days. As you might have guessed I DID NOT receive the freaking case today. Seidio says if not by end of week call them back they will open case with USPS. I told them end of week I am disputing charge they can explain it to the CC company...

EDIT - USPS tracking now finally shows status, they were notified to "expect package for delivery from Seidio on Oct 28th". So, either Seidio is full of BS, or USPS is way off on their status update...

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I apologize if some of you are experiencing shipping delays with your orders. Unfortunately, once the package is tendered to USPS, the route is out of our control. We understand how frustrating it can be to wait for your package, but please bear with us. The delivery confirmation information is not always updated immediately or accurately by USPS.

If your package is shipping via USPS, you will usually receive delivery confirmation information via email when your package ships. If you don't receive anything, feel free to email customer service (customerservice@seidioonline.com) and they will be able to provide you with an update. If you have additional questions about the process, feel free to contact me via PM.

78Staff

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I suspect anyone would consider 15+ days shipping to be excessive... 12 of which are USPS delivery days.. Seidio says case shipped day after I ordered it. USPS Tracking # says Siedo didn't even pull shipping no. till 8 days later, and item has not physically shipped yet.

Yes I know USPS can be behind, but it is unlikely they are 2 weeks behind. Today is 15th day, mail has run, no case. Just going to let CC company deal with it I guess.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad