04-04-2012 07:04 PM
33 12
tools
    Last week I bought the SGSII and my wife the Atrix 2. The SGSII was $100 and the Atrix 2 was free. Both are great phones. The SGSII seems easier and works flawlessly. The Atrix2 had a few minor issues such as call not ending or being able to end it, 1 day delay on text.

Build quality: Atrix seems sturdier maybe because it is thicker
    Ease of use: SSGII
    Battery life: Atrix 2 without a doubt
    Screen: SGSII slightly
    Call Quality: Same
    Download/up speeds: Atrix 2
    Value: Atrix 2

I still like the SGSII better but the Atrix 2 is a great phone especially since it was free.
    FunshineCA likes this.
    02-01-2012 08:21 AM
    dont get that atrix 2...get anything but that...that phone is pure craps...it has only like 1 gig of internal memory
    02-01-2012 09:05 AM
    When we upgraded, I got a SGS2, and my wife got an Atrix 2.

Fresh out of the box, the A2 was WAY slower than my SGS2. Even switching homepages was slow. There was noticeable lag. It's still that way today.

Build quality does seem a little better I guess for the A2, so if you plan on throwing your phone into walls and what not, that may be a concern for you. Since I can keep my temper in check and I have an opposable thumb on each hand, I'm not worried about this at all.

The camera is definitely better on the SGS2. Don't get me wrong, the A2's camera is fine, but it's certainly not as good as the SGS2.

The screen is like night and day between the two. If I had the option to switch for free to a more powerful phone with the A2 screen, I wouldn't.

Battery life seems to be slightly better on the A2 (way better after the SGS2 update), but does that really matter? I mean your smartphone is going to die if you don't charge it every night anyway. As long as it lasts me one day, I don't really care.

Clearly I prefer my SGS2 to my wife's A2. I would never trade my phone for hers. It honestly feels like you're using a much older phone.
    FunshineCA likes this.
    02-01-2012 09:15 AM
    dont get that atrix 2...get anything but that...that phone is pure craps...it has only like 1 gig of internal memory
    Doesn't it have 8gb of internal memory?
    1gb of ram it has.

I am a SGSII owner and think the Atrix 2 is a great phone. Just not as good as the SGSII. If the SGSII is 9/10 then the Atrix 2 is a 8/10.
    02-02-2012 07:26 AM
    Before I got the gs2 was going to get the atrix, because it was cheaper and paying 100 bucks more for the gs, thought it was not worth. But then i search for rom's / kernels for the atrix and uhm was very dissapointed not much for the atrix, while i was saying ok the roms/kenerl willbe available later, the phone is still to new,,, then the gs2 went for 1 cent refurb so it was all said.. And i don't regreat my decision.. I can get 17 hr on battery with 4 hours screen on time out of the stock battery ( of course not stock rom)
    02-07-2012 03:34 AM
    can get 17 hr on battery with 4 hours screen on time out of the stock battery ( of course not stock rom)
    17 hr not on stock? Only? I get 1 day 4-10 hrs On Stock.
    Not even rooted either and i'm on 2.3.6 with moderate heavy use. Hah

Sent from my HTC EVO View using Tapatalk.
    02-09-2012 08:13 PM
    17 hr not on stock? Only? I get 1 day 4-10 hrs On Stock.
    Not even rooted either and i'm on 2.3.6 with moderate heavy use. Hah

Sent from my HTC EVO View using Tapatalk.
    Whats your screen on time ? Whats your called heavy usage ? Data Always on?
    02-09-2012 09:24 PM
    it have like 6 gb internal but it's only for OS and aplications, and comes with a 2gb micro sd. but for $15 you will get a 16gb memory so what is the BIG trouble!!!!

"I'm an atrix 2 owner and i'm searching reasons for get the GSII"!
    04-04-2012 07:04 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD