Does it not have notifications on android? I know it did on my iPhone.
    10-18-2011 10:55 PM
    Would like an answer to this as well. I've played with the app and have not found any way to set the notification like on the iPhone app
    10-19-2011 06:27 AM
    Word. Bump I guess.
    10-19-2011 07:27 PM
    It does not. I hate that fact!
    10-19-2011 08:25 PM
    Sportacular it is then.
    10-19-2011 08:38 PM
    Agreed, I have played with it and haven't been able to find any sort of notification feature, which is pretty lame and annoying.
    10-20-2011 09:10 AM
    Sportacular it is then.
    I'll have to give it a try...sports.yahoo.com has always been by goto sports url anyway...
    10-20-2011 10:22 AM
    I'll have to give it a try...sports.yahoo.com has always been by goto sports url anyway...
    Hmm...underwhelmed with Sportactular so far. No golf or auto... although their appears to be a Nascar widget, but no stream in the actual app.

EDIT, after installing a 2nd time, many more options included, ie PGA, LPGA, NASCAR, etc...
    10-21-2011 09:40 AM
    Would like an answer to this as well. I've played with the app and have not found any way to set the notification like on the iPhone app
    The notifications suck all the way around with the S2. That has been one of my biggest headaches thus far with this phone and why it may be going back before my 30 days are up.

No notifications for voicemails. I installed google voice to try to get them but it doesn't have them either plus it hijacks your voicemail. Had to call ATT to get my messages to go back to their voicemail service. And now my gmail account is saddled with a google voice account I can't get rid of ("must have at least one phone number" when trying to delete it).

The stock email widget has it but the email app is so bad it only keeps my email for half a day before it dumps all of them. Reload and it loads back up all the same messages I already saw. Using K9 now which is definitely a better email app but it doesn't have f''''g notifications! Uggg....

Missed calls and txts only show up on the lockscreen, but that is only if it isn't a password isn't required. And once you are by it the notifications are gone. With the a password on the lockscreen you don't even get those fleeting notifications.

Then there is lack of ESPN notifications which is annoying but way down my list of priorities . . . .

Sorry to vent but I've spent way too much time trying to get this phone to work and it still isn't working nearly as well as the iPhone4 I had (and passed on to my wife to get this). And it kills me to say that since I HATE apple, especially iTunes.
    10-25-2011 05:03 AM
    Not sure what you are missing, but emails, text messages and voicemails all show up on the top left of the phone at the notification bar. In addition, pull down the bar and all details are there until you clear them . Are you asking for more?

Aslo for sports try Score Mobile you can set team, game and other notifications easily.
    antelope83 likes this.
    10-25-2011 08:29 AM
    +1, other than ESPN (Which is EPSN issue, not Galaxy - it's just a poorly written app for Android - they probably just grabbed whatever intern was sitting at the desk that day and had him port it) I have no issues with notifications on the G2S. Coming from different platforms I guess people have different expectations, which is cool.

You can try NoLED, which will put all kinds of notifications on the home/lock screen for you... or one of the many camera flash notification applets, or something like GoLauncher or Bubble Notifications, etc...
    antelope83 likes this.
    10-25-2011 11:29 AM
    Hmm...underwhelmed with Sportactular so far. No golf or auto... although their appears to be a Nascar widget, but no stream in the actual app.
    Try scoremobile.
    10-25-2011 02:34 PM
    Not sure what you are missing, but emails, text messages and voicemails all show up on the top left of the phone at the notification bar. In addition, pull down the bar and all details are there until you clear them .
    Thank you! I had not figured out the pull-down notification. That helps with voicemail. I wish it had the K9 email notifications since the app widget doesn't indicate whether there are messages. I may try noLED per the suggestion above.
    10-25-2011 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD