Yep, despite the fact that ICS and the Galaxy Nexus were announced last night, I placed an order for a GS2 w/ AT&T today. Main reason is that Vzw gives me a fat 0-1 bars of service at my house, and my neighbor tells me AT&T service is great in our neighborhood.

So I decided to give it a try. And I do plan to take the full 30 days to decide. But if I get good service at my house, it is bye-bye Verizon (and I'll buy a Galaxy Nexus if/when it comes to AT&T for full retail if I absolutely have to have it), and boy will it be sweet to call them up and cancel.

Anyways, I've been watching this forum for a week or so. As far as I can tell the only common bug seems to be that AP News widget data issue, which I understand can be fixed by doing a factory reset and simply never loading the widget. Any other bugs that I should be on the lookout for? I seem to recall that I saw a post about screen defects or something.

Thanks for any input!

P.S. No, I will not miss LTE. I use my phone for browsing, chatting, and emails. Occasionally sending a picture. I don't stream music or netflix. the 3-10 mbps that HSPA+ provides should be more than sufficient for my needs. Not to mention it won't kill the battery anywhere near as fast as LTE will.
    10-19-2011 02:47 PM
    P.S. No, I will not miss LTE. I use my phone for browsing, chatting, and emails. Occasionally sending a picture. I don't stream music or netflix. the 3-10 mbps that HSPA+ provides should be more than sufficient for my needs. Not to mention it won't kill the battery anywhere near as fast as LTE will.
    You may miss your unlimited data plan though.
    10-19-2011 03:04 PM
    I would just watch out on the data usage. Since the restart on my bill cycle, I already consumed 200 mb out of 2048 mb.. don't know how.. and when..
    10-19-2011 03:04 PM
    You may miss your unlimited data plan though.
    In theory, yes, yes I will. In practice, I rarely use more than 250MB of data per month according to Verizon's web site. Somehow I don't see that jumping by 800% anytime soon =P

And if somehow I do see that I am magically burning through data all of a sudden, perhaps that will be my cue to cancel AT&T and stick with Big Red.
    10-19-2011 03:56 PM
    I just siwtched from Sprint and for the most part I am very impressed with coverage. At work it blows though. I have to walk like 200 yds away from campus to get solid signal. Anywhere else though is leaps and bounds better than Sprint.
    As for VZ. . . I dunno. Maybe a cooler phone. Thats probably the only reason I picked ATT over Big Red
    10-19-2011 03:59 PM
    Be careful not to drop it. It's very light and slick. So far no complaints.

My battery consumption has been better than my Captivate. After 16-17 hours of moderate use I usually still have 35-40% battery left.
    10-19-2011 08:12 PM
    Don't add the AP widget. EVER.
    10-19-2011 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD