The AP Mobile widget that comes preinstalled on the AT&T GSII uses a lot of background data. Even though I had the widget set to never auto-refresh and removed it from my home screen it still used up a lot of background data, about 250 mb in a week. I only have a 200 MB plan for now so that cold easily cause over charges(I keep mobile data disabled when not using it), I noticed it using up all the data over wifi with My Data Manager. I did research and other people were having the same problem.

I just found a solution (I think). In Applications I cleared data on AP Mobile and it appears to have stopped using data.

NOTE: I did email Samsung about this, they said they could not help because its a third-party app, suggested to contact AT&T or AP, and that they were sorry if it caused any overcharges.
    10-19-2011 08:45 PM
    That didn't work for me. I'll be honest, as much as I love the phone, if I didn't have unlimited data, I wouldn't keep this thing. I'm somewhat annoyed that I can't stop it. Knowing updates for this thing will equal about 2 in it's lifetime, it will be awhile before a patch comes.
    10-19-2011 09:04 PM

Please continue the discussion in this thread. Thanks.

Sent from my SGS II
    10-19-2011 09:22 PM