Do we really need the vibrate icon in the status bar?

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't be if it's not in vibrate mode. Do you have the volume rocker cranked down all the way to send it into silent mode, which isn't the only way to put it into that mode.

Reactions: BugDad25

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Not in vibrate mode. Volume isnt all the way down. Under sound I have it set to vibrate when not in silent mode and I get the vibrate icon.

kenmitch

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think it's more a feature than a bug. I see what you are seeing and it's just a icon for vibration mode. So I'd think that it will both ring and vibrate? Correct?

BugDad25

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't be if it's not in vibrate mode. Do you have the volume rocker cranked down all the way to send it into silent mode, which isn't the only way to put it into that mode.

Thanks Steve.... I had not realized you could turn on vibrate by lowering volume to zero. I had been hitting the power button and selecting Silent Mode.

Thanks for that insight

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I think it's more a feature than a bug. I see what you are seeing and it's just a icon for vibration mode. So I'd think that it will both ring and vibrate? Correct?

No other phone I have ever used showed a vibrate icon when you have it set to vibrate and ring for a call. Vibrate mode yes, but this isn't vibrate mode. I had the international galaxy S2 and it didn't display that icon. Its just a waste of space.

Najo

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I do not have the icon when not in silent mode, and I find the vibrate to be sufficient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
FIXED: (Only if Rooted)
-Get Root Explorer and turn "System/App" to a MOUNT R/W.
-SSH into your phone and search and turn the SYSTEMUI.APK into SYSTEMUI.APK.ZIP. Replace stat_sys_wifi_signal_4.png with a transparent 30x38 png.
-Turn that ZIP back into an APK and drag the APK back on the phone and reboot your phone.

Now I am always on vibrate without my phone constantly reminding me :)
Status Bar looks hella clean now, that ugly vibrate icon ready did a number on the user interface.
Please note that I did this on a Skyrocket, same file system on the S2 though.

Reactions: Deenybird

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
It is still the same. I honestly don't care. It doesn't have att in the notification bar. The vibration is on when the sound is on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S II

ag95keri

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
No other phone I have ever used showed a vibrate icon when you have it set to vibrate and ring for a call. Vibrate mode yes, but this isn't vibrate mode. I had the international galaxy S2 and it didn't display that icon. Its just a waste of space.

Completely agreed. I also have mine set to always vibrate regardless of sound settings which means this indicator is always on there wasting space. Add me to the list of those that hate that.

It would also be nice if those indicators were active ... i.e. I could tap the silent indicator & it would take me to sound settings, or tap the battery indicator to get to power saving settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar