10-31-2011 02:53 PM
48 12
tools
    Kind of what I thought.
    Are you a person "in the know" or just like me making semi-educated guesses?
    10-24-2011 05:52 PM
    A bit more than a semi-educated guess.
    10-24-2011 07:18 PM
    Can you give us a rough estimate on how long we will be waiting? I don't want to switch to Verizon for Galaxy Nexus or HTC Rezound if AT&T will be launching similar devices in the next few weeks...

Thanks,

Y2J
    +1

That's all I need to know.
    10-24-2011 08:06 PM
    LOL, I will not violate my NDAs. To answer your question look at history... what always happens around Black Friday?
    10-24-2011 08:58 PM
    What happens in black Friday?

Anyway, saw this today, LTE galaxy S2 does exist, so maybe its coming out soon for att in our areas that aren't carrying.
    hope the link works:

http://m.androidcentral.com/rogers-l...urce=pulsenews
    10-25-2011 03:28 PM
    Since shansmi works at AT&T and lives in a lte market, ask him if he is keeping his SGSII!
    10-25-2011 03:49 PM
    Sooooo.... is California also an LTE market then? They don't have the phone here in the att stores.
    This makes perfect sense if its true. I work with a retailer that sells cellphones in california and the only galaxy 2 we got was for T-Mobile. I went to an AT&T store and they don't even have em on display.

We haven't gotten anything regarding a gs2 on AT&T. Might be because of this.

While California isn't lte yet it should be live in major cities soon which would make sense to not have the sg2 in stores.
    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    10-25-2011 05:46 PM
    I am willing to wager that on November 25th, at&t will launch an lte capable phone. Will it be the SGSII with lte, I do not know, but if you currently live in an lte area, and you have a SGSII, you might want to consider your 30 day option very carefully. Lte is scheduled to be in 15 cites by year end. Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Atlanta and Chicago have it now. If you are not interested in lte then you are fine, if you are you owe it to yourself to look into this closer before your 30 days is is with you SGSII.

Just my .02 cents
    10-25-2011 07:08 PM
    What's this 30 day policy all about?
    Does that mean if I buy an HTC November 1st and hate it, that I can return it within 30 days without any obligation? Or are there restocking fees?

Rogers started shipping out its LTE SGII phones today. I haven't seen any pop up on eBay yet though.
    10-25-2011 07:48 PM
    What's this 30 day policy all about?
    Does that mean if I buy an HTC November 1st and hate it, that I can return it within 30 days without any obligation? Or are there restocking fees?

Rogers started shipping out its LTE SGII phones today. I haven't seen any pop up on eBay yet though.
    Correct. 30 days from purchase for AT&T and Best Buy. Best Buy has no restock fee but I believe AT&T has one for $35?
    CZ Eddie likes this.
    10-25-2011 08:36 PM
    Here's a user review of the first Galaxy SII LTE that just hit Canada and is likely the same thing AT&T will get (if we get it). Though I'm not sure if it's the HD model?

just got the first SGS 2 LTE in Canada! - Page 5 - xda-developers

Crappy 2Mbps downloads so far though. whassup!
    He did get a decent 1.7 up though, which I've never seen on my Infuse or any other phone.
    10-26-2011 02:48 PM
    Correct. 30 days from purchase for AT&T and Best Buy. Best Buy has no restock fee but I believe AT&T has one for $35?
    When I asked Bestbuy about their return policy they did say no restocking fee right now, but they expect the returned phone to be in Like new condition or they would not exchange it for a new phone. They try hard to discourage phone exchanges since they send them back. Bestbuy stores seem to be as good as their local manager. If you get a store run by a tough manager it might be harder to do an exchange.

I decided to wait a few weeks and see what comes out. I like the GS2, but while new to AT&T, my friend from Germany has had his since Spring. I will wait and see what new comes along.
    10-26-2011 05:00 PM
    I talked to my local AT&T sales rep (who is a pretty smart guy) today. Asked him the usual questions.
    Says he hasn't heard anything directly from AT&T. But his "personal opinion" is we'll "probably" see an LTE Samsung on Black Friday. And we will not see an LTE Nexus Prime. I didn't ask about an HSPDA+ model though.
    And he thinks the reason the Galaxy S II and Atrix II hasn't been stocked in LTE area stores are for the same reasons eluded to in this thread. Because LTE phones are on the way.
    10-27-2011 06:21 PM
    I talked to my local AT&T sales rep (who is a pretty smart guy) today. Asked him the usual questions.
    Says he hasn't heard anything directly from AT&T. But his "personal opinion" is we'll "probably" see an LTE Samsung on Black Friday. And we will not see an LTE Nexus Prime. I didn't ask about an HSPDA+ model though.
    And he thinks the reason the Galaxy S II and Atrix II hasn't been stocked in LTE area stores are for the same reasons eluded to in this thread. Because LTE phones are on the way.

This sounds great, hope its true!

As a current to-go phone user who's been research what android to pounce on as my first smartphone for around a month, my plan is to wait until the 25th. If there's nothing heard about an LTE GS2 by that time, nor any word of an ATT Galaxy Nexus, then I'll just get the GS2.
    10-27-2011 07:22 PM
    it's confirmed. November 4th the SGS II LTE will be available on ATT network. I confirmed this with MULTIPLE stores in the SF Bay Area. Parrot Cellular is a well known Authorized Retailer and is really in the know. Call them yourself if you don't believe me. They will confirm this over the phone if you simply inquire about buying the SGS II.
    10-29-2011 09:35 PM
    it's confirmed. November 4th the SGS II LTE will be available on ATT network. I confirmed this with MULTIPLE stores in the SF Bay Area. Parrot Cellular is a well known Authorized Retailer and is really in the know. Call them yourself if you don't believe me. They will confirm this over the phone if you simply inquire about buying the SGS II.
    Maybe called the SGS II LTE but don't think it is exactly the same phone as this.
    10-29-2011 10:38 PM
    Also, Target has no restock fee.
    10-30-2011 08:31 AM
    I don't know anything about ICS... but I do test devices.
    Any Hints on a Galaxy Note on AT&T? LTE or otherwise? Thanks
    10-30-2011 08:43 AM
    you will notice tho that this test is in kB/s.. not kb/s.... that would translate to about 16Mbps in his screen shot on XDA...

actually.... the highest test:

2478KBps = 19.82 Mbps
    10-31-2011 02:38 AM

Nov 4th? That's my birthday.... is this true for Atlanta since we are a 4GLTE market as well? If you're like me and bought SGSII on release Oct 2nd I think we only have like 1 day to return.... this is really bothering me I don't know what to do =/
    10-31-2011 08:20 AM
    Engadget is running something on this coming Nov 4th.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    10-31-2011 09:50 AM
    go to the new sub forum. Its the specs of the T-mobile version
    Da "Skyrocket"
    10-31-2011 10:03 AM
    I found a "confirming" announcment here...
    Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, HTC Vivid landing on AT&T November 6th with 4G LTE

I picked up an SGSII on Oct 14th, and super glad that the LTE phone's release date is a week before my 30day return period expires! Will give me a chance to exchange for the new phone ... now the question becomes is it worth it.

I'm in SF, which I believe isn't currently an ATT LTE zone, but I heard tell that the SF Bay Area is scheduled to go live with LTE sometime in Nov - has anyone else heard same?

Then the main concern becomes battery life - having migrated from an iPhone 3GS to the Sammy GS2, I've found pretty battery life to be pretty comparable, if not slightly better. I know that Verizon's LTE phones are notorious for poor battery life, but has anyone heard from current ATT LTE users whether their phones are subject to similar woes?
    10-31-2011 02:53 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD