Galaxy S II LTE or Galaxy Nexus LTE in Houston, TX...Nov. 6

raycpe

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I talked to an AT&T reseller today and he told me that the reason that there are no AT&T Galaxy S II phones in Houston is that on Nov 6th there will be an announcement that the LTE version is going to be available. And because Houston is one of the cities with ATT LTE, that they are fearful of a backlash if the HSPA+ versions are sold and the LTE's come out weeks after. So if you want the Galaxy S II on AT&T and you live in an LTE city, you may want to wait until the 6th of Nov. He also mentionned that he expects the Nexus to be sold by ATT at the same time.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
No it makes no sense or every other LTE market would not have them either. Some may not want LTE anyway, others that do will get it no matter what.

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
really seems dumb to sell it in an LTE market IF there is an LTE model coming....only thing dumber would be to not have an LTE version on hand when LTE was introduced.

Seems to me that Houston was thinking correctly and ATT, in general, was not.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
That would be after the return period from the launch date October 2 for the SGSII. I think I am going to return my SGS II next week, and just wait to see what happens through the end of the year. Too many moving parts right now to use my upgrade for a phone that is working fine but, may not get ICS for 6+ months and the same model possibly coming out on LTE. I have a perfectly good backup phone.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Gee on those theories we would never have any phones to sell since newer models are always coming out and so is new technology.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Gee on those theories we would never have any phones to sell since newer models are always coming out and so is new technology.

True. If I did not have a good backup I would probably just keep the SGSII. I have not used an upgrade in many years. I usually buy off contract from Best Buy as I can get Best Buy Gift cards on an award program from my job. In fact, I use got some more so I may go check out the Atrix 2.

Since we are right on the cusp of a new OS for Android, I guess my gut is telling me to return this Samsung since I experienced this with the captivate. I guess no timely updates, crap gps etc affected me more than I thought. Has the captivate been upgraded to gingerbread yet? Remember that phone is only 15 months old.

If I was not within 30 days it would be a moot point. Since I am, I do not really have anything to lose. The SGSII is not a phone I must have. Still no fix the the lock screen security issue bah bah bah.

Good luck all!

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming these LTE handsets will have the same crappy battery drain seen by Verizon and Sprint? If so, no thanks.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I can say... have patience grasshopper!

The next load will be liked!

Lol! So if this LTE phone drops after the 30 days you will ok with it even though you live in an lte market? Not saying I will jump on lte but I like to have options. Having a 5 week old phone when an lte model drops is not having options. Especially when you live in a state with 3 of 5 lte markets now!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming these LTE handsets will have the same crappy battery drain seen by Verizon and Sprint? If so, no thanks.

It will be better battery life on att. The att lte does not require a separate lte radio like verizon does. Not sure how much better though.

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
HTC Holiday & LG P930 are other possible LTE devices coming to AT&T soon.
No confirmed rumors yet, or info about ICS.
Would be pretty nice if the SGII HD LTE hits with ICS. I kind of doubt it will happen though.
I'm in Austin and holding onto my upgrade option for either ICS or LTE.