10-31-2011 02:53 PM
48 12
tools
    I talked to an AT&T reseller today and he told me that the reason that there are no AT&T Galaxy S II phones in Houston is that on Nov 6th there will be an announcement that the LTE version is going to be available. And because Houston is one of the cities with ATT LTE, that they are fearful of a backlash if the HSPA+ versions are sold and the LTE's come out weeks after. So if you want the Galaxy S II on AT&T and you live in an LTE city, you may want to wait until the 6th of Nov. He also mentionned that he expects the Nexus to be sold by ATT at the same time.
    10-21-2011 11:05 PM
    Makes no sense, so is Dallas and we have them. I doubt the Samsung LTE device will be a GS II.
    10-21-2011 11:21 PM
    There are no Galaxy S II's available in Houston or Austin for the same reason.... I think it makes a lot of sense.

check this out... Qualified Rumor: Samsung Galaxy SII HD 4G LTE Headed To AT&T Launching Next Month? Android Phones, Android Tablets, News, Tech, Gadgets And More, Thedroidguy
    10-21-2011 11:26 PM
    No it makes no sense or every other LTE market would not have them either. Some may not want LTE anyway, others that do will get it no matter what.
    10-22-2011 12:32 AM
    If true, that sucks I got mine just a little too early.
    10-22-2011 01:20 AM
    If true, that sucks I got mine just a little too early.
    Right....so Atlanta was one of the FIRST LTE markets.....and we have the GSII.....I dunno about this rumor....seems odd.
    10-22-2011 07:01 AM
    really seems dumb to sell it in an LTE market IF there is an LTE model coming....only thing dumber would be to not have an LTE version on hand when LTE was introduced.

Seems to me that Houston was thinking correctly and ATT, in general, was not.
    10-22-2011 08:50 AM
    Guess my phone is going back...
    10-22-2011 09:07 AM
    That would be after the return period from the launch date October 2 for the SGSII. I think I am going to return my SGS II next week, and just wait to see what happens through the end of the year. Too many moving parts right now to use my upgrade for a phone that is working fine but, may not get ICS for 6+ months and the same model possibly coming out on LTE. I have a perfectly good backup phone.
    10-22-2011 09:28 AM
    Gee on those theories we would never have any phones to sell since newer models are always coming out and so is new technology.
    tunie likes this.
    10-22-2011 09:28 AM
    Gee on those theories we would never have any phones to sell since newer models are always coming out and so is new technology.
    True. If I did not have a good backup I would probably just keep the SGSII. I have not used an upgrade in many years. I usually buy off contract from Best Buy as I can get Best Buy Gift cards on an award program from my job. In fact, I use got some more so I may go check out the Atrix 2.

Since we are right on the cusp of a new OS for Android, I guess my gut is telling me to return this Samsung since I experienced this with the captivate. I guess no timely updates, crap gps etc affected me more than I thought. Has the captivate been upgraded to gingerbread yet? Remember that phone is only 15 months old.

If I was not within 30 days it would be a moot point. Since I am, I do not really have anything to lose. The SGSII is not a phone I must have. Still no fix the the lock screen security issue bah bah bah.

Good luck all!
    10-22-2011 09:58 AM
    I can say... have patience grasshopper!

The next load will be liked!
    10-22-2011 11:02 AM
    I'm assuming these LTE handsets will have the same crappy battery drain seen by Verizon and Sprint? If so, no thanks.
    10-22-2011 11:13 AM

Lol! So if this LTE phone drops after the 30 days you will ok with it even though you live in an lte market? Not saying I will jump on lte but I like to have options. Having a 5 week old phone when an lte model drops is not having options. Especially when you live in a state with 3 of 5 lte markets now!
    10-22-2011 11:18 AM
    I'm assuming these LTE handsets will have the same crappy battery drain seen by Verizon and Sprint? If so, no thanks.
    It will be better battery life on att. The att lte does not require a separate lte radio like verizon does. Not sure how much better though.
    10-22-2011 11:20 AM
    Sooooo.... is California also an LTE market then? They don't have the phone here in the att stores.
    10-22-2011 02:55 PM
    HTC Holiday & LG P930 are other possible LTE devices coming to AT&T soon.
    No confirmed rumors yet, or info about ICS.
    Would be pretty nice if the SGII HD LTE hits with ICS. I kind of doubt it will happen though.
    I'm in Austin and holding onto my upgrade option for either ICS or LTE.
    10-22-2011 03:44 PM
    LOL, I cannot say what toys I am playing with... hehehehe.
    10-22-2011 07:51 PM
    dang you beta testers!

You work for AT&T?
    10-23-2011 02:53 PM
    Yes I do!!!
    10-23-2011 02:55 PM
    Cool, Network Services employee here.
    10-23-2011 02:57 PM
    LOL, I cannot say what toys I am playing with... hehehehe.
    Just tell us the chances of *any* LTE superphone with ICS hitting AT&T stores before the end of November... please!
    10-23-2011 04:26 PM
    I don't know anything about ICS... but I do test devices.
    10-23-2011 08:36 PM

Can you give us a rough estimate on how long we will be waiting? I don't want to switch to Verizon for Galaxy Nexus or HTC Rezound if AT&T will be launching similar devices in the next few weeks...

Thanks,

Y2J
    10-24-2011 10:54 AM
    Just tell us the chances of *any* LTE superphone with ICS hitting AT&T stores before the end of November... please!
    LTE probably-- ICS no way.... ICS upgradeable definitely
    10-24-2011 02:12 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD