so ive had my phone since launch, over time the battery eventually got acceptable and i liked it

it was 54% last night before i went to bad at 12, and woke up with it dead at 8

i know everything abuot my phone all the settings and tweaks, nothing was new, i went to bad several times with 50-80% to wake up with 1-3 % gone

but this time i lost over 50%

i even freaked out cuz my alarm didnt go off and thot i was late for work but realized it was a sunday lol ><

i than charged my phone and turned it off, but it said phone will turn off because its so low (shouldnt i be able to turn it on when its plugged in?) im wondering if im screwing the battery over by letting it die to 0% and why it died with 50% in 8 hours of doing nothing
    10-23-2011 11:03 AM
    so its me again, i went to bed with 33% and woke up at 5%, on AIRPLANE MODE!

these are 7-9 hour sleep sessions

i turn the phone on and off every time i get battery drains like this and sometimes it helps, but this is ridonculous

some things i have that could be the culprit but still shouldnt drain taht high

kakaotalk
    go launcher ex

when they idle from 100% there is no such immediate drain, but once its below 50 and i am sleeping i cant examine it butt they die faster
    10-28-2011 09:23 AM
    Download BetterBatteryStats

That should tell you the culprit.
    10-28-2011 09:29 AM
    I always leave my phone on the charger overnight ... So I start the day with a fresh charge.
    10-28-2011 10:02 AM
    Sounds like you're "paranoid"...just kidding. It looks like something woke the phone up (see the awake stats in the screenshot). Maybe try an app like watchdog.

Are you overclocked? When I overclocked but didn't pay attention to voltages, my phone would sometimes freeze. I would lose so much power by the time I rebooted.
    10-28-2011 11:01 AM
    im not over clocked but i do notice some awake time when i wasnt using, i restarted the phone every time this happens and it helps but i dont know why it happens
    10-28-2011 12:18 PM
    Get my Data Manager from the market and see if AP Mobile is sucking data. There is a bug with that widget that even if it is set to none, constantly refeshes whether or not it is on a home page. The workaround is to set the widget on a home page and change the refresh setting to 3 hours. It will use data but not continuously. Obvously high data usage can equal high battery usage too. Samsung and AT&T are supposedly researching a fix, butthe same issue is also on the Sprint version of ths device.
    10-28-2011 02:34 PM
    what is ap mobile, i never even see it before lol
    10-28-2011 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD