I used this guide to root my phone:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-g...laxy-s-ii.html

It's a i777. I then read AFTER the fact (strange it wasnt mentioned in the guide. I know, my fault!) that the Flash Counter updates if you boot into download mode. This voids your warranty.

-Does rooting my phone using that guide really update my Flash Counter?
    -And If so, is there a way to reset it in case something happens to my phone?

Planning on flashing CM7 or UnNamed tomorrow, so just curious.
    10-25-2011 04:47 AM
    Does your boot screen have the Galaxy S II logo or one with a yellow triangle? The yellow triangle one shows up if the counter has been activated. The best way to get rid of it is to use a jig.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II
    10-25-2011 07:17 AM
    Why would you ever need to remove the yellow triangle? Warranty purposes or aesthetics?
    10-25-2011 08:43 AM
    Warranty mostly but for me a little but for asthetics. Seeing the yellow triangle makes my little bit of ocd tingle.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II
    10-25-2011 09:14 AM
    If you triggered the counter and have the i9000 warning boot screen it's best to just order the jig to reset it. Power off phone > plug in jig > power on phone > remove jig and reboot. Or if you wanna flash the firmware remove the jig and flash away

I bought mine on Amazon for $8.48 shipped. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU1361288

You can also find a guide online to make your own. All you need is an xtra connector, couple of resistors, and some soldering skill
    10-25-2011 10:04 AM
    There is a rooted kernel on xda that does not trip the counter... no cwm though.
    10-25-2011 06:47 PM
    There is a rooted kernel on xda that does not trip the counter... no cwm though.
    This was a great option for someone like me (new to Android and wanting to keep stock functionality while rooting). No exclamation point on the boot screen and everything works just like pre-root (it is a pre-rooted version of the stock ROM). It is method #2 in this link **AT&T SGS2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQS)** - xda-developers
    10-26-2011 12:07 PM
    This was a great option for someone like me (new to Android and wanting to keep stock functionality while rooting). No exclamation point on the boot screen and everything works just like pre-root (it is a pre-rooted version of the stock ROM). It is method #2 in this link **AT&T SGS2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQS)** - xda-developers
    That is the easiest way to not trigger the warning if done the 1st time. Doing this after it's triggered will hide it tho. But its still visible in USB mode unless its reset.
    10-26-2011 12:57 PM
    The other method works great! No counter and no triangle and I am far from stock.

Look in the att gs II general section on xda.
    10-27-2011 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD