New To Android - How the hell do i mute all apps?

312boomlawyered

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
So on my old iphone if you switched it over to vibrate and then went on to open an app that has volume, like Words with Friends or Angry Birds, it would by automatically muted as well. However, when I switch this phone over to "sounds off" and open a game or something of the sort, the volume starts blaring, which can be extremely inconvenient. Is there a way to mute the phone entirely?

njr

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Settings/Sound/Volume/ Media will mute all of the things you mentioned. if you want to listen to music or watch a video you can raise the volume for that only and then bring in down agian . Don't know of any way to keep sound in music and video AND mute the apps.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I installed a little widget from the market called Simple Sound Profile Widget. You can assign 4 different phone profiles, though it comes with the 4 already set up for you. Just pressing and holding on a profile allows you to customize it. I have it loaded in my dock. Tapping it brings up the profiles. If I select "Silent" everything on my phone is silent. If I want to hear music, I just play it and turn up the volume with the rocker. Everything else seems to stay on silent. Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463